Not enough room

AMD Snacks

My most common rejection is the place simply doesn't have enough space for a 5 way rack. I show them the size, and some potential areas it could fit with a cutout, and they still give me the same reason. I know people are different and all that good stuff. I'm just wondering if that's a knee jerk reaction, or has anyone come up with a good counter to that complaint?

Don't get me wrong, some places I won't even pitch because I can see there's not enough room and there's no point. But A lot of these places have room and I'm just not sure why they don't want free money from my commission.

Counter might be something like performa did. I read it awhile back. He gives them a 25.00 or something like that to try it for 30 or 90 days. Lol I can't remember exactly, sorry if I slaughtered it!

The other is to start with a 4way, then see if you can add later.

Take pictures, get some with kids in it with their face the opposite direction with the machine, or an adult.

As a whole, bulk centers tend to expect instant gratification, build a nice proposal, or a nice portfolio of different rack configurations, or of equipment you're willing to buy, I use pics of my actual equipment, not stock photos.

If you look and act professional, it may be the one thing they need to give you the account.

I personally am moving to a company shirt. I usually use a polo and jeans, khaki when I'm locating.

I know it's way above what's needed, but if it helps get in the door, why not?

I have a location right now that I've been working on for about 6 months. I like to go in and visit, take a card every time to give them a face with a name.

If they have one issue, they'll know to call me.

I thought I was going a bit overboard too, but I also have a polo with my company name stitched in and a hat to match from vista print. I suppose your right about the gift card. Funny thing is I  bought some gift cards after that post, and never really figure out when to try and use them.

What do you mean been working on for 6  months? Like a location that has some equipment you're trying to win over? I ask because i've been thinking about that a lot lately. I spent an entire day locating (which is rare for me since I work during the week normally) and didn't land a location. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to try and compete with some already existing racks. I DO feel that my greatest weakness (that i'm still small time) can be a great strength, in that I don't have a huge route and can service more frequently and respond to issues faster. Other than that, or more commission, i'm not sure what makes any operator better than another..

Archived