Lipton 16.9oz diet green Tea

Zeke

Does anybody else vend this drink?  If so Have they changed their packaging?  It seems I have been having a run of jam ups recently.  Never had a problem since I started vending them a year ago.  I'm just wondering if they changed their bottle?  Like I said never had aproblem until past couple weeks. 

Zeke

I had the same experience with the regular green tea, didn't sell at all.  The Diet has sold extremely well.  Go figure.  I think that they must have made their packaging a little softer which is causing some issues for me.

Zeke

The structure of a bottle plays an important part of delivery in a stack vendor. When you try to vend bottles that are not carbonated we lose a lot of that structure. To combat this some manufacturers have gone to a heavier packaging for vending (Poland Springs 16 oz vend bottle vs 16.9 diamond bottle) or use a nitrogen drop to pressurize the bottle. Traditionally most bottlers don't really support a 16.9 oz bottle for vending, so for the most part they will not be of any assistance as they want you to vend the 20 oz.

What type of machine are you trying to vend this in? Any chance a shim has fallen out of place? Maybe try an additional shim to make up for any "soft" bottles. Lastly, if all else fails you may need to go 20oz. It wouldn't be the first time that a bottler has changed a bottle ever so slightly and make a bottle jam and unreliable to vend.

The 721 is a top notch machine and is very versatile. Vendo tech support is very knowledgeable as well. I would recommend calling Vendo tech directly while you are in front of the machine. If they don;t have tech specs on the particular product they may be able to walk you through what needs to be done.

SandenVendo America, Inc. - 10710 Sanden Drive Dallas, TX 75238

Toll Free: 1-800-344-7216

• 2 weeks later...

Zeke,

I also vend this drink at my location, What I noticed was that the diet bottles are longer than the regular bottles. I noticed this when my wife bought the regular bottles and I tried to stock the machine and the bottles would not reach the sold out switch. then thats when I noticed the difference. by the way how much to you sell them for?