Cashews Anyone?

new2this

Hello,

I tried sooooo hard to discontinue nuts.  Why?  They are messy, expensive, quick to stale, the oil residue and salt kills the coin mech and messes up the inside of the candy wheel.  However, they are my best seller.  I have one spot at a gym that does $70 a month(on 2 1/2 46oz canisters).  I have other spots that do $30, $25, and $40 monthly.  I tried to switch out these spots with candy but sales went down drastically.  Anyway,  with Sams Stubs new club prices it has caused me to cut back on vend amounts; which I feel bad about because these are good customers.  I tried buying cashews in bulk from AA but they were sent busted up and they were wayyyy overpriced.  I tried to call Planters directly but I get the run around.  Any other cashews vendors out there found a solution?  Thanks for reading.

T.

T,

I wouldn't waste your time with Planters. You'll have to make it work with Sams or another wholesale supplier. I would suggest either biting the bullet and cutting back your vend amounts or changing out your mech and doing 50 cent vends. You've got some good accounts but the bottom line is that if you cant make a profit, you're slowly killing yourself. With nuts its really really easy to trash your equipment while making a whopping nickel a vend.

The easiest way though is to raise your prices if you can do that easily with your equipment. Whatever you do I would explain to each of your good accts what is happening with the pricing. It will help you protect your accounts.

Good luck!

Mark

Hello,

Thanks Mark and you are right Planters is a dead end. I tried to think of the recession but I am going to contact NW and get some 50 cent coin mechs.

T

maybe you can upgrade your existing coin mechs by buying just a 50 cent plat for a few dollars insted of a whole mech for over 20.

Antonio,

Do you figure in any product you throw away? I had a problem with this and coupled with the high prices could not justify selling them (Cashews alone). I was not making that much, probably more like 20-22 before pitching old product. The last 2 cans I bought from Sams already tasted old to begin with.

I began to mix mine with peanuts to come out with a 1/3 cashew and 2/3 peanut mix on locations I chose to keep with nuts. It's just one of those things with me that its more of a hassle than its worth even though I still am doing a few at this point. I'm definitely not pushing new locations.

Thanks,

Mark

I have only had to throw away cashews once.I only have 2 locations with cashewsa mechanic(no commision at that) and a semi truck trailor wash and they both go thru them pretty fast.

they buy a whole pallet at a time sometimes at sams if it`s close to a holiday. they probably didn`t sell fast enough and u got stale ones.I only buy a couple of cans at a time and never really stock up on cashews.

I never worry about stale cashews because they go through them in 3 to 4 weeks. I never stock up on cashews, I buy what I need. I make about $30 per canister. I don't know why but I make more money on cashews than I do PMMs. Since they went up to $9.14 I am going to phase them out. I only have three PMM locs left.

Antonio- I'll look into getting the 50 cent plat. Thanks

T