PMM and what? Adult location.

lurtsman

I went to service the double head I put in there three weeks ago. The gumballs hadn't sold a single one, but the PMM had sold 11.75$ in three weeks.  If the PMM had been slow I'd consider that the location just might not be busy enough to merit a second head, but that puts me on pace for about a 14-15$/month head. I like that. This is during January no less, and there is a plate of FREE candy right next to my machine. Milky ways/peppermints/etc.

They asked me to replace the gumballs and I said I'd be happy to do it, and asked what they thought would be good. No suggestions, I suggested RP (because I only have 3 things in stock ATM), and they said that would be okay. Not super excited though, so when I go to change out the machine, what are some suggestions for things I should bring?

I've got a coin mech coming to get another double ready by the end of the month, and I've got four more singles coming in within two weeks. So if I buy two or three kinds of candy it's okay, since I'll just try them in other new locations.

I was thinking since it was an adult location and gumballs batted .00, skittles would probably be a bust. I'll hit up WM or sam's club in the next 48-72 hours to load up. (Sam's club is a further drive, any savings is offset in fuel, though I do have a membership there now and expect to transfer the bulk of my candy purchases to there)

I was really pumped with having a decent collection -- I hadn't expected this location to do well at all, but placed a double since I didn't have any singles.

The skittles I have do very well/ Also I seem to do well with Mike and Ike's.  You might also want to try runts..... Also you may want to just try a different type of gumball....I had a location complain about the sams gumballs I had and I am changing it over to another type of gumball.  The stuff from Sams is just really poor in quality. Good luck.

The skittles I have do very well/ Also I seem to do well with Mike and Ike's.  You might also want to try runts..... Also you may want to just try a different type of gumball....I had a location complain about the sams gumballs I had and I am changing it over to another type of gumball.  The stuff from Sams is just really poor in quality. Good luck.

I'm using ford gumballs, and had a big zero for sales. It's mostly accountants working there, with virtually no customer foot traffic. (Which is why I didn't think it would be hot, but the PMM sales are justifying the location for now)

I agree with kai1836 about the Mike & Ikes. They are my number two seller. Skittles coming in a close third. Or you might want to try Hot Tamales if there is women working there. Females seem to like them over the Mike & Ikes for me.

I'm looking into expanding my selection. Hots/MI are under serious consideration, however due to hot summers and humidity I will have to learn to coat the bag and shake them. I'm a little nervous about getting it set right, but I've got vendiscuss here to help :)

I'm looking at going into runts on a trip to sam's club. Skittles will definitely be in consideration. I took a notebook and started recording prices per total and per ounce at sam's club and at walmart. Unless my sam's club has a PMM 2 dollar rebate, they are slightly cheaper at WM.

Also just wanted to celebrate that I recently purchased four more triples -- which is what I will be loading with this new candy. (Until I see PMM go down, I don't plan to expand it.)

Dentyne ice is a very creative idea... I had not thought of that at all. It definitely seems like it could hit different locations than my current line up.

Thanks for the great ideas.

PS. I have such a desire to have a picture of my machine with the free candy next to it :P Seems like a great avatar.

I would go with the RP or maybe try MM if there seems to be more women in there. Maybe consider Boston Baked Beans. I plan to try them in the next machine I place. With the current price hike M&M's and M&MP are almost 2 1/2 time more expensive then BBB. So I can give a bigger vend amount and still come out ahead.

I went to service the double head I put in there three weeks ago. The gumballs hadn't sold a single one,

I am possibly in the same spot you are right now with gumballs. I went ot service my biggest location. I usually sell lots of GB there. This time I didn't sell a single one. The location laid off a bunch of people. I think they laid off all my gumball customers. M&I sounds like a good replacement as well as RP. I've tried skittles there and they didn't sell. But I have another location where skittles are one of the best sellers. Every location is different.

That's for the 56oz bag MMP or reg.  And if you can can find the Susan Koman breast cancer MM's the are substantially cheaper , less than $5 for 56oz.  Just to note, I have not actually placed my first machine yet, anxiously waiting fot the UPS guy!!  Just trying to do as much reasearch as possible before starting, any other suggestions would be appreciated.  I did read most of the posts on this sight in the past weeks but waiting to get more informed, detailed  info on the + board.  What other good stuff should I be thinking about??

RV I JUST got back from Sam's and MM is $9.48 a bag, I almost didn't pick it up except the location where i'm taking a triple to in the morning requested it. PMM is only $7.85 in comparison and I hope that skittles are a big seller for me because they're only $5.88 @ my sam's, Runts are about the same price @ $5.75 for a 4lb bag. Hope this helps a lil.

What price (and bag size) is everybody getting there M&M's for?  I just got into this and noticed MM's seem to have gone up.  Should I still vend MM??  Obviously, if that's what sellls... but should I try other alternatives first?

Keep selling M&M's if they are selling well. Just dial down your vend size some. I get my M&M's for $9.14/bag at Sam's. I just went out and changed all my wheels Friday. I was one of those crazy people who had their wheel opened up all the way. Reducing your vend size is a lot cheaper than changing your coin mechs.

RV I JUST got back from Sam's and MM is $9.48 a bag, I almost didn't pick it up except the location where i'm taking a triple to in the morning requested it. PMM is only $7.85 in comparison and I hope that skittles are a big seller for me because they're only $5.88 @ my sam's, Runts are about the same price @ $5.75 for a 4lb bag. Hope this helps a lil.

Thanks ghost and Cavity.  I FEARED the $9,48 a bag.  Hopefully, with Cavity's philosophy, I can find a better price.  Ghost, your telling me M&M's are $9.48 but PEANUT M&Ms are $7.85?  That's crazy!

Cavity we are selling pink pmm. We had two of our machines on location for only two weeks. Our charity is actually Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Not too sure on how they are doing, we will be checking them in a few days. At the time of purchase there were a few bags of pink pmm at the Sam's store so we bought them all. Kinda goes with the charity.

I love that location :).

I really enjoy the people that are working there, and that makes it more fun. I just got my third location with a single vending RP. It's a cell phone store, and I'm not entirely comfortable with it. The manager seemed okay, but I didn't care for the other employee. He seemed like he'd let someone walk away with the machine. (He was upset I didn't have MI)

Once I get my coin mechs to get my double heads out I plan on switching the location to a double with MI. Here are my reasons:

1. A large employee seemed emotionally involved with wanting MI. He might become a great customer.

2. My doubles are used machines on very heavy stands. (Compared to my brand new NW super 60s. That Machine + stand is like 90 bucks after shipping/tax, where as my double seagas on titan stands were less than 50$ per. ) -Note on this place, the manager said he was concerned about the kind of thieves that he thought might try to steal a machine.

I don't know if the place will do well, but I am a firm believer in the less safe places getting the cheaper machine. If it does stay there, it might get enough traffic to warrant a double head.

I'll be servicing the first machine I placed on Wednesday and will update with how it goes. (RP/gumballs)