Snacktron 2 / MEI 2511 U3

Hi everyone, I'm super pleased to find this forum.  I bought this machine and am putting my toe in the water so-to-speak.

I've got it stocked, prices set, and everything, for the most part seems to be working.   However, because the prices for various are over a dollar I need the bill accepter to take more than a single bill and then require change.

I've tried escrow mode on and off... the manual is confusing. 

ESCROW MODE:

Permits returning four quarters on operation of the reject lever when a $1 bill is inserted.

NO-ESCROW MODE:

On insertion of a $1 bill, a selection must be made. However, if the selection, is inoperative (sold-out or jammed), four quarters will be returned on operation of the reject lever.

In both modes when the bill is taken, the credit is displayed, the the bill acceptor is basically dead, it will not sense another bill until something has either been chosen, or the machine is powered off.  

I've yet to ever get it to give me the dollar back, or quarters. 

The first thing to try is fill all the coin tubes to capacity then close the machine and buy product so at least one of each coin goes into the cash box.  Then try the bills.

This was an early machine to have a BA so it may not have all the options newer machines will.

The harness from the board to the BA plug into the BA in 2 places. Option #1 a 9 pin plug and a 18 pin plug, or  option #2  the 9 pin and a 4 pin?

If your machine has option #2 the 4 pin plug you will likely not be able to do 2 bills. Depending on how early your software is.

If your machine has the 18 pin plug you will have more options in the software and will be able to get the machine to stack the first bill. You would need to find the manual for the late software.

National did sell the update kit for this machine If it is still available, it was never cheep with software, interface board and harness.

Walta

Do you know of a company that offers software that will tell me what items are sold so I can see it remotely on my pc so I know before I go to the machine what stock items I should take?

Parlevel

Do you know of a company that offers software that will tell me what items are sold so I can see it remotely on my pc so I know before I go to the machine what stock items I should take?

Bridesla1 How does your question relate to this topic.

Since your question seem unrelated please start a new thread.

Your question is much more of a hardware problem than a software if your machine is a Snacktron2

Walta

Archived