Dixie narco 501e not cooling

QuikVend

Have a 501e that a location called about that was not cooling. Went to check it out. Fans are running and no melted wires. Heard the thermostat click when I adjusted the temp. Compressor was hot to the touch. I'm assuming it died on me. Anything else it could be?

When you mean fans are running, you did check the evaporator core fan?

If it's running with no frost on evap. core than you need to replace deck or have a certified repairman fix it for you.

cajun

Would a deck from a 600e work as a replacement? I have one on the way, but I was hoping to get it up and running before the weekend.

Yes, the only difference between the 2 machines is 7" of height.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue with my Dixie narco 501. I have read through a lot of this form and have come up with all the different options of troubleshooting. At this point I may be a little confused. The compressor is already very warm to the touch after less than an hour of running. Both of my fans  are running I have it set on 4 on the thermostat. The compressor kicks on and off with the function of the thermostat. My door is offset,  it sags hard to the bottom right corner, but once I get it closed it seems to be airtight in the cabinet.  I don't quite understand how to adjust that door to make it not sag. I have had it running for less than an hour now and there is frost  which is quickly turning into clear ice which on another test it eventually turned into solid white ice.  Am I correct in assuming that I will be needing to either have it recharged or replaced at this point? 

Just now, Firetad4 said:

I am having a similar issue with my Dixie narco 501. I have read through a lot of this form and have come up with all the different options of troubleshooting. At this point I may be a little confused. The compressor is already very warm to the touch after less than an hour of running. Both of my fans  are running I have it set on 4 on the thermostat. The compressor kicks on and off with the function of the thermostat. My door is offset,  it sags hard to the bottom right corner, but once I get it closed it seems to be airtight in the cabinet.  I don't quite understand how to adjust that door to make it not sag. I have had it running for less than an hour now and there is frost  which is quickly turning into clear ice which on another test it eventually turned into solid white ice.  Am I correct in assuming that I will be needing to either have it recharged or replaced at this point? 

If you're referring to ice on your evaporator then you probably need to get it recharged.  Make sure first that you have good air flow out the vents in the right side wall (when the evaporator is defrosted).  If you don't have air out those vents then your evaporator fan may have failed, and that's not a fun replacement.  As to the door adjustment, first make sure the cabinet itself is level by using a level on the top edges of the cabinet.  Then you can loosen the top hinge and see if you can adjust it to the left a bit to raise the right bottom corner up.  Now, if the door is level with the cabinet already, your dragging corner could be from the delivery bin itself being slightly raised from the bottom edge of the cabinet being raised up.

In the last few months I've had 3 condenser fans quit on me. It causes the compressor to over heat and shut off the unit. What first appeared to be a bad compressor ended up being an inexpensive fan motor. Although Saturday I had to replace another unit that was dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived