Why is my soda machine popping out quarters through the coin return and not vending

Shawn,

We have the user manual for this machine posted in the library. Take a look maybe it will help.

Sounds like maybe something out of alignment in the coin path.

Steve

Hey Shawn,

I guess you didn't my pm. Here is what I sent you...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IF all the coins are being returned you need to determine if the machine is inhibiting the coin mech or if the coin mech is bad. Without having a tester for the mech or having another one to try in the machine we can only start by testing the machine.

First we want to be sure there is not a credit on the machine by simply pressing the buttons on the front and seeing if anything vends. If not.....

Are there any sold out lamps on on a column that is full. If so that column is jammed and you will need to unjam the column.

Remove the motor cover and ensure that all the switches are in the valley of the motors (stand by position)

Unplug the machine which will reset the relay and changer and reset the machine to what should be stand by. Try inserting coins then. If it accepts coins to the vend price and then stops yet does not vend it sounds like it could possibly be the relay.

If all else fails it could be the coin mech itself. Unfortunately there is no way to tell for sure by testing it in the machine itself.

Is the coins going through the changer and then being returned to the coin return?

If so, what kind of coin changer (single price or dumb mech) is it and do you have another one that is known to work? If you do you could swap it out and see if it will work or take the changer from the non-working DN368 to another machine to check it. It wouldn't hurt since the machine isn't working now.

With a little more info, we can probably help you find the problem because it shouldn't be hard to fix.

Its on location now do you suggest i pull it off location till i can get things to vend right? Ive tried for a week now and the business owner is getting a little upset i was thinking of buying another machine ASAP and putting it in there if i cant fix the issue. What do you all suggest

Its on location now do you suggest i pull it off location till i can get things to vend right? Ive tried for a week now and the business owner is getting a little upset i was thinking of buying another machine ASAP and putting it in there if i cant fix the issue. What do you all suggest

You need to find out the model number of the changer. It will be on the sticker on the side of the changer.

How quick could you replace the machine?

How quick could you replace the changer?

Do you buy this stuff from a local company, if so do they work on machines?

If its a single price mech, I have seen people try to change the price, but change the program switches by accident. This caused the same thing you are describing.

You need to get this fixed fast. Pulling the machine won't help your businesses image. You need to get it fixed, call a pro if you need to. Call a another smaller vendor near buy and ask who fixes there equipment.

Jeremiah