Chocolate Skittles?

dperry

I was at a local Big Lots yesterday and I was checking out the candy selection.  I saw for the first time a 41oz bag of a Chocolate Skittle Mix.  I don't remember the flavors exactly, but they had something like chocolate mocha or latte or something like that.  I was wondering if anybody else had seen them, tried them, etc.  They were offering them at $4.00 for a 41oz bag.  That comes to about $0.048 per 1/2oz vend.  Not bad!  I was tempted to buy a bag and try it but ended up not getting it.

PS I found a picture of it.  Looks like smores, vanilla, chocolate caramel, chocolate pudding, and brownie batter.  Yum!

Also,

After re-reading your post, I noticed that you were at "Big Lots" when you saw them. I'm not sure if your Big Lots is the same as ours, but our Big Lots specializes in closeouts and discontinued items. The fact that they are carrying these would lead me to believe they are on the way out. 

If you decide to try these, check your expiry dates carefully! :D

Steve

Well, at least we now know they sell in bulk amounts of 41oz bags, and that if they are found in big lots, then they are prolly pretty old.  But you never know. I may still go and buy a few bags.  At that price, how could I not?

I stopped experimenting with candy products years ago and just can't get excited about any kind of new candy. Time has proven that there are a handfull of proven candy sellers and the rest are duds. I would keep my focus on toys, tattoos and racks - especially if you want to go full time some day. Just my opinion.

Jax

Chocolate Skittles are GROSS!!!!!! They taste more like tootsie rolls. There is a reason they are at Big Lots, which does buy-outs of products that don't sell. We had a whole box of those sitting around for free at a place that I work. No one ate them after we tried some from one bag we had opened. Food gets eaten there even if it tastes bad. 1 handful and you'll never get them again. Yuck!

I went back to BL today and got 2 bags plus a small snack size so I could try them out.  I have to say that I actually liked them.  My wife hated them but she doesn't like candy/sweets.  I don't think there is one single vendable candy that she does like.  I know she does not like gumballs.  So she is not a true test as far as I am concerned.  But based on what everybody else has to say, I have to say I'm rather disappointed.  I was hoping that I found something interesting to compete with M&M's.

i tried them and they were terrible. they have a funny taste. someone said tootsie rolls and i think that is very generous. i dont think they will do well. maybe some first timers but after that not many returns.

Tootsie rolls without the milky chocalate taste to them.  There nasty.  Tootsie rolls are good.

I tried these a few months ago on an impulse buy from wal mart and I tossed the bag in the trash after trying 3 of them, my gf hated them as well so they got chucked with the quickness. I wouldnt personally sell them just for the fact that I know as a consumer I wouldnt buy them.