Help! Machine giving away money.

Robcamaro

I have a national 167. Every so often when someone makes a purchase it just keeps spitting out money. I have a me I bill recycler so first it will spit out all the bills then the quarters. I changed the board with a spare I had. Could it be the validate/recycler? Or coin mech?

I would change the mech and validator and test them in the shop. You could have a very costly problem if you leave both on site as is.

At least in the shop you won't loose all the money.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This sounds like a florescent light interference problem from your light or one nearby or in the ceiling.  It could also be a line voltage issue such as low voltage or a bad or missing ground allowing feedback.

Because of the problems that recyclers have you might try taking it out first. Yes, flickering, burned out or dim florescent lights can cause electromagnetic interference with logic boards.

Check outlet to make sure it has a good ground. Take a multimeter and measure voltage from the return to ground. It should not be more than 1.5 volts. Make sure ground is on the plug and then back off the grounds in vendor and retighten, Replace the  bulbs if they the ends of the lights are black. Make sure E-Proms are the latest version. If all checks out then you should replace the recycler. Send it in to a certified MEI repair center with a written note as to what it is doing. 

Archived