New to the Business and the Forum

Ladygendre

Hello All:

My husband and I are very interested in bulk vending as a family business (we have 2 kids 2 and 6 and would love to have them involved).  We are looking to purchase used machines to start out and wanted to know what are the most reliable machines?  We also would like to know if anyone recommends using a location service when starting out and if there is one in the DC/Maryland area that is recommended?  We are looking at purchasing 10 machines to begin with.  Any recommendations on less or more?

Ladygendre

Ladygendre, welcome to Vendiscuss!

Most reliable are Beaver, Northwester, and Oak, but they are a little pricey.  What type of machines are you wanting?  single heads, doubles or triples?    I started with 2 triples and they were XYZ vending and I liked them.  Stay away from machines that are all plastic and mechs".  I would recomend trying to locate yourself if at all possible.  It helps you learn a lot about the business, lets you build relationships with your accounts and it lets you decide where you want your machines.  Again welcome, and feel free to ask some more questions.

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for checking us out and joining. There are so many different machines available it's really hard to pick just one. It really depends on the locations you are thinking about getting in to. What type of customers do they have, examples: families, children, young adults, etc. Once you know that, you need to decide what type of products you are going to sell in your machines. Candy, toys, stickers, tattoos, gumballs.

Once you know the answers to these questions, we can help with the brands and types of machines that will be best for the account. Don't just buy a load of the same machines and try to make them fit the stores. You should buy machines based on the accounts you get approved to go in.

I personally don't believe in locators but I have been a salesperson for many years. I would try it first yourself. Start with the stores around your house that know you. They will be a good place to practice your sales pitch.If you don't fell comfortable asking a store to let you place your machines, go with a locator. Members in the Maryland area can tell you the name of a good locating company.

Again, welcome to VENDiscuss.com

Gary

Gary brings up some good points. I had 3 triples (candy) on a location. He kept asking for Homies. I finally got one and a sticker machine and put in on the location. It was doing $18/month for the 3 machines. Last month it did $80 for 3 machines. If I stubbornly kept trying to make what I had work on that location I'd still be at $6 a machine instead of over $20.