Are these machines good?

putrevus

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please give me your opinion on these machines I am trying to buy from a vendor.

DN5591 and snack machine which he did not have the key when I was there to look at them.

He sent me this serial number  for snack machine national vendors 12-19 146-1312

52 1416.

The strange thing is bill  validator is on left hand side which I have never seen.I am more worried about snack machine.

Can I install credit card reader on this snack machine.

Thanks again for all your help.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

snackmachine.jpg

The Bev Max is the original bottle drop. Carbonated beverages don't behave when being dropped from 5 feet. If you don't properly shim the slots bottles will either fall over, or not come out at all. Even when properly shimmed, the customers can shake out free drinks. I sold my last one 6 years ago.

The 146 snack is long in the tooth to begin with, let alone the bill acceptor being jury rigged instead of using the right upgrade kit. That family of snack machines can be updated, but in my opinion, not worth the money. The transformer is barely rated to operate the original machine let alone an MDB bill, coin, and card reader. More problems is the shelf contacts in the back will either give you religion or lose the religion you have.

Just my humble opinion.

I have 2 of the bevmaxes in service. I rarely have problems with product dropping, but it did take a while to work out the shimming, especially with non straight sided bottles.

I solved the shaking problem by using wall brackets to the top of the machines. (Or bolting 3 machines together in a pack)

The only real problem is getting the product placement within the machine correct - I only have non carbonated bottles/water on shelves 1 and 2.  

There is also a problem occasionally with particular height products above the center positions of the delivery ports which can cause a tall product that falls dead straight to not make the curve and jam across the curve (which also stops the push flaps from opening. Note this is a very occasional issue that I have mitigated by placement of products specific to my market and only seems to occur with a 375 ml can or a 600ml (20oz) coke bottle. I have never had problems with the 355 ml US cans or product like Snapple/Arizona Tea.

Oh I'm also not a very trusting soul so any glass bottles I vend only from shelf 5.

It is very common for a private seller tell you  what you want to hear remember to make sure you find any faults in the machine if you have any questions or would like my opinion on what type of machine best suits you,  send me an email at jonathan@amequipmentsales.com we also have credit card readers 

Archived