Coins drop straight to the return slot?

smartvendnw

Hello hello! Been awhile as the biz is (was) running smoothly. Until now! Ha.

On my DN501e the coins suddenly started to drop straight to the coin return and not in to the mech. I took out and made sure all parts where in order and clean. I will be swapping in a rebuilt mechanism later today to see it that will fix it. I ran a machine test, but frankly I didn't really understand the prompts and what it even accomplished. I did install PayRange which connects between the mech and bill.

Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks!

BT$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coin acceptors default to coin return if they are powered off or otherwise malfunctioning, there has to be a positive recognition of a coin to open the accept gate, otherwise everything returns.   So it could be any issue with the changer.  As far as payrange, it should be installed at the top of the MDB chain, that is to say between the control board and the bill validator.  If it is between the validator and the changer it might cause conflicts, I can't say for sure.  Also, some older machines may not have enough power to run 3 devices on the MDB chain.  Try removing the payrange and see if the changer works, then reinstall payrange at the top of the chain and see if it works properly.  If none of that resolves the problem swap the changer.  

Coin acceptors default to coin return if they are powered off or otherwise malfunctioning, there has to be a positive recognition of a coin to open the accept gate, otherwise everything returns.   So it could be any issue with the changer.  As far as payrange, it should be installed at the top of the MDB chain, that is to say between the control board and the bill validator.  If it is between the validator and the changer it might cause conflicts, I can't say for sure.  Also, some older machines may not have enough power to run 3 devices on the MDB chain.  Try removing the payrange and see if the changer works, then reinstall payrange at the top of the chain and see if it works properly.  If none of that resolves the problem swap the changer.  

Will do. The machine is only 8 years old so on the newer side. Pretty sure PayRange is installed correctly. I'll run the test and also bring a mech.

Good to know...thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived