DBA issues

Firetad4

I have a Dixie narco 501 I am having problems with my dollar bill  acceptor. I have a coinco BA30B  connected to a 9302 – GX coinco changer.  I just received a  "refurbished" bill acceptor. I can get the red service light to stay solid on for about 10 seconds then it resets (it actuates like the bill box has just been closed) and goes off.  If I try to put a dollar bill in while the light is on and solid the code flashes #4.  I have looked at the switch settings on the control board (No access hole)  and can see that switch number three and switch number eight are in the on position and the rest are in the off position.  Any ideas or solutions at this point? Thank you. 

Looking at a BA 30, 4 flashes is all bill accept switches off.  Check your switch settings with this guide:  http://vendorsrepair.com/tech tips/vrs-mag-sw-settings.pdf

The other usual suspects are: 1) not enough change in changer, especially nickels.  2) Door switch needs to be closed for some models to operate.  Be sure you power off before plugging or unplugging any MDB connections, the low voltage can arc and damage the validator or coin mech programming. 

Make absolutely certain you hooked up the harness properly.  For a BA30B to connect to a 9302-GX, you need the MDB harness for the coinco validator.  I believe the harness plugs into two spots under the validator's control board and then the other end plugs into your MDB harness.

On top of that, as Southeast Treats mentioned, you have to make sure the switches are setup correctly.  It may be too late to throw this in there, but whenever I deal with pretty much any machine that CAN have a mars validator installed, I opt to get a rebuilt mars validator (in your case, a 2502/2512 or a 2702).  A Mag50, BillPro, or other various MDB validators would be an upgrade from a coinco BA validator.  Coinco BA validators are pretty inconsistent.  I have a few out there that have been working perfectly for years and years without many issues and I have many more that have already made it to the dump/scrap yard for many years now.  I have all of my mars validators refurbished when necessary but Coinco BA's go into the trash when they fail.  In some situations, it's better to replace what you have... such as the case when it's very inconvenient to change out a harness for a mars but you already have a coinco BA in a machine.  Under those circumstances, I consider rebuilding a Coinco BA, but 9 times out of 10, I will order a new harness and get a mars validator in there.

Archived