Pink PMM

mwinn33

Last week I went to Sam's to stock up and found the Pink PMM for $4.41 for a 54 oz bag. That's less than 1/2 the cost of regular PMM for $9.14. I bought a bunch of bags and put them in several of my machines and placed a PMM label along with a "Susan G. Komen" label I found off the web. I hope that the Pink ones don't make a difference in sales. If not, I'm gonna buy as many of these bags as I can get my hands on. Is anybody else using the pink PMMs?

They were selling the pink mmp's at my sams for $7.88 a while back in fact thats is all they had for a while. They dont have anymore of the pink and are back to the original mmp at 7.88 a bag. Not sure why your mmp are $9.14 a bag??

I don't recommend using special/promotional M&Ms. The colors will reveal to the consumer that these are not the "normal" M&M and may associate them to a season. In this case, the pink color may make the customer think these are Easter M&M's. It's January and they may think they are from last year! Also, those bags may have been sitting for a while and may not be fresh.

Years ago, the Mars Company came out with a Summer Groovin M&M's promotion. They were sprinkled with glitter, but from a distance it looked like mold in the globe! The product was pulled in mid-summer due to complaints from vendors. Perception is everything in this case.

Jax

I went to Sam's last week and picked up a bunch of these as well.  I thought that even if Idon't sell them all I'll still make a descent profit.  Will try to put them in a doctor's office(women's).  Would seem they should make a killing there, we'll let you know.  I think these typically come out in September or October for the Breast Cancer Walk, so, yes they probably a little bit older.  For the price, they can't be beat.

-steve