Choosing Machines

ericrold898

Hi

I am getting ready to start a bulk vending business and right now I am looking at different machines that are for sale.  One that has caught my eye is the bulk vending machine that is sold by 1.800.VENDING. 

I am wanting to know if the machine that this company sells is a good or bad machine to buy?  Also if anyone has any suggestions on machines to start out with I would really appreciate it.

I also want to say that this is a very good site and I have gotten alot of information off of it.

Eric

Hi

I am getting ready to start a bulk vending business and right now I am looking at different machines that are for sale.  One that has caught my eye is the bulk vending machine that is sold by 1.800.VENDING. 

I am wanting to know if the machine that this company sells is a good or bad machine to buy?  Also if anyone has any suggestions on machines to start out with I would really appreciate it.

I also want to say that this is a very good site and I have gotten alot of information off of it.

Eric

Steve,

This question comes up often enough for newbies (For me it was craigslist -> several biz-op/mfgs ->1-800 -> this forum -> Seaga Mfg).   Might it be reasonable to have a sticky topic in Bulk Vending where everyone can offer their opinions? :)

Eric, in the meantime, try searching for 1-800, 800, or 1800 in the forum search engine, you should find a wealth of info.

-Lucero

Might it be reasonable to have a sticky topic in Bulk Vending where everyone can offer their opinions?

I am working on a little known or used feature. If you click the tab above entitled "Selected" it will bring up a list of topics that I and other members have found to be particularly useful or informative. 

I am trying to think of a one word name that I can assign to that tab to let new members know what it is all about so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Also if anyone knows of a topic that they feel is particularly useful please let me know so I can add it to that tab, whatever we decide to call it.

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an advantage to purchasing a panel head as opposed to other types?

http://www.aaglobalind.com/vending_set/equipment_parts/VendMachines/pn95/zoom/pn95asscleft.htm

Absolutely:

If one panel breaks, you only have to replace one, and not the whole globe.

You can change out clear panels for opaque panels in situations where you get alot of sunlight damage to your product.

If you have a location that warrants it, you can switch out panels for the 'expanded' panel to add more capacity.

If a panel becomes scratched, but still usable you can put it to the back where people wont see it as well.

There's alot more too.  Check out  Bob Butler's "The Main Page" at http://www.themainpage.com/Vending/GeneralTopics-and-Advice.htm and

http://www.themainpage.com

Oak Vista Cabinet Machine / One of the least expensive bulk venders has proven to be the most economical of all the bulk vending machines available, today. This is the Oak Vista Cabinet Machine. ............ ........ Cost-wise, from Oak Manufacturing Company in Vernon, California, it's as inexpensive as being about US$47.00 ... depending upon the quantity ordered. ............ ........ The Oak Vista Cabinet Machine, due to its design, is also the winner of the title of "The least vandalized bulk vending machine". The globe doesn't twist - It's a tightly fitted together machine: viewed as a square, from the top, and as a rectangle from the side. It has 4 flat, clear, panels ... each of which can be replaced by an "Extra Capacity Panel" ((See also: Glossary.)), as and whenever needed. ............ ........ The coins do not pile up as happens with the Northwestern 60s. And, if used as a bulk candy machine, the wheel can be adjusted with a screwdriver without having to remove the globe as a Northwestern 60. ............ ........ The Oak Vista Cabinet Machine is versatile inasmuch as it can be set up to vend gumballs as small as 1080 to prizes as large as 32mms, without ever having to change, or adjust, a wheel or to have to remove a globe! This is accomplished by using the Oak 1.1" Capsule Wheel, the 2-Spring Brush, and an Eagle Riser (available from Superior Wholesale Supply ... http://www.superior wholesalesupply. com/ . Using the provided Oak Riser will not allow for items much larger than an 850 gumball to vend. So, if the Operator buys the Eagle Riser and replaces the Oak Riser with it, he'll have the most versatile, least vandalized, most cost efficient little bulk vender available anywhere for any money!