Approaching Goodwill, thrift stores Advice?

JTheVendor

Last time I was in Chicago, I saw racks in a few goodwill stores but haven't seen one anywhere here in Cincy. I tales to a manager about putting machines in once and she gave me the contact info for the person who makes those decisions. I never got around to following up though. 

McDonalds is going to be a no-go. You may get lucky and find a manager who doesn't know the rules and get a machine in the break room, but it will get kicked in no time. 

You're best bet is the smaller locally-owned businesses and restaurants.

I tried recently in a store like Goodwill and was told it was against policy..also the goodwills I've seen with machines are strange brand and look like they're owned by Goodwill. Never hurts to try, just my experience so I stopped pitching to them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's pretty unlikely. I won't say never because like I said, you may come across a naive manager that won't know the policy. They're trying to get the kids in the building with happy meals (and the toys inside them), so you'd be a direct competitor. I know the RMHC is their charity, but they have collection boxes at every register and they collect quite a bit, so there isn't much of a draw there either. I worked there for 13 years, 10 of them as a GM. It's just not something that is likely to be allowed.

You have great insight! I guess you're right. I forgot they do the whole toy in the happy meal thing. I wonder where they get the toys from, china probably for 2 cents a piece haha. Man it would really be great to get in to Mcdonalds. I wonder why the big guys haven't considered trying them on a national level. They've got more leverage than us little guys.

5 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

It's pretty unlikely. I won't say never because like I said, you may come across a naive manager that won't know the policy. They're trying to get the kids in the building with happy meals (and the toys inside them), so you'd be a direct competitor. I know the RMHC is their charity, but they have collection boxes at every register and they collect quite a bit, so there isn't much of a draw there either. I worked there for 13 years, 10 of them as a GM. It's just not something that is likely to be allowed.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gumball prince
3 hours ago, BouncyBalls said:

Toys in play-land at McDonald's!!!! Brilliant , I wonder why nobody else has thought of this??? I'm gonna try to get some single head gumballs by each cash register at WalMart too!!! Great idea thanks!!!

Will you negotiate a commission or will you just "slam" them?  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gumball prince

Do your mike and Ike's ever get sticky and clump up. I remember seeing an add for an Amish spoon to stir them. Do you know where I can get one ?

26 minutes ago, Gumball prince said:

Do your mike and Ike's ever get sticky and clump up. I remember seeing an add for an Amish spoon to stir them. Do you know where I can get one ?

There is a girl on here that goes by the name "orsd", I think she is the Amish girl that makes and sells them. 

Guest Gumball prince
2 minutes ago, BouncyBalls said:

There is a girl on here that goes by the name "orsd", I think she is the Amish girl that makes and sells them. 

I  wonder if she wears one of those bonnets and those very utilitarian dresses. 

Guest Gumball prince

That orsd, she is one talented little lady.  Perhaps president elect Trump will commission her to knit a new flag, one that can proudly boast of being made in the USA. 

Archived