has anyone delt with gumball machine warehouse

creativecandy

I used GMW for my first machine. Personally, I feel that their machines are a little overpriced. The machines look nice and the service was good when I had a broken machine. I have a chrome pro, and it is a pain in the butt to get all the quarters out. There is no coin cup so you end up taking the body off the base to get the coins out. I am thinking that the body will eventually fade, get brittle and crack. I no longer deal with them since I feel my money is better spent on an easier to service machine like the XYZ Easy Pro, or a higher quality machine like an Oak.

I see two ways to get machines. Buy used, or buy new high quality machines that you expect to keep for a long time.

I'm doing both. When I do buy new, it is Northwestern. No disrespect to Oak, they make a great machine also. I liked the style of the NW more, and so I went with them. (After dealing with seagas I really appreciate the easier scooping for coins.)

I see two ways to get machines. Buy used, or buy new high quality machines that you expect to keep for a long time.

I'm doing both. When I do buy new, it is Northwestern. No disrespect to Oak, they make a great machine also. I liked the style of the NW more, and so I went with them. (After dealing with seagas I really appreciate the easier scooping for coins.)

I like what you wrote. Northwestern and Oak both do make great machines, and you like the style of the NW more. I have come to realize that it isn't really what company makes a better machine when it comes to the top manufacturers, but rather personal preference. In my opinion, talk to Oak or Northwestern before buying from GMW. Their machines aren't bad, but I don't see them lasting for years like  a NW or Oak would.

If you are looking for some value priced machines just to start getting some income coming in before you invest in slightly more expensive machines, I would recommend XYZ Vending and getting their Easy Pro. It is an inexpensive machine, and a breeze to service. 

Rather than buying oak or NW from their manufacturers, you should get a membership at sam's club and order them through the website. You'll get a much better deal for small purchases. If you are doing 50+ machines you can start talking to the manufacturer.

Keep in mind a used mediocre machine in working condition does still collect quarters well. It just may be more of a pain to keep track of the different kinds of machines.

thanks for the advice ....i have spoke with xyz...they seem like great guys.....i may with them a try

Just out of curiosity, what price are they giving you for one of their machines?  Their website states $45 with $10 for shipping.  That's $55 for a machine.  I'm pretty sure that buying a Vista 300 from Oak is less than or about equal to that.  If you are trying to buy machines on the cheap to get started, why not start with something that you are likely to use throughout your vending career.  And if you end up not liking them, they have a much higher resale value on ebay than the other brands do.  It's a lot harder to find NW's and Oaks on eBay than it is to find the other types like V-Line, or SSF, or Seaga.  That should tell you something right there.

Another thing to consider is replacement parts. Many of of these biz-op or dot com vendors will gouge you on parts. At some point, you will need replacement parts - just like your car does. Oak, NW, AA, Beaver have been around for a long time and will have abundant parts at a somewhat reasonable price (although nothing is dirt cheap any more). Many parts also show up on ebay with those manufacturers. Also some biz-ops will charge a premium on parts if you did not originally purchase from them - like U-turn to name one.  Before buying, get a parts price list and compare!

Jax

Great thinking Jax. When I talked to Seaga about replacement coin mechs, after shipping they wanted nearly 30$ per mech. After hearing that there was no point in continuing the conversation. If I'm shelling out serious cash, it's not for a seaga millenia. If you're just getting your feet wet and want to save, strongly consider used. If you are sure this is the way for you and need some quality machines....there are better places. (Look at the four Jax listed)

I have only purchased one from them but it performs like my Seaga triple. No problems to date and I only use the black stand. I would have bought some more but I lucked into a good deal on 1-800 tiples for $50 each. For the time being I am not looking to buy any more but I can get 4 more at $50 each from the same guy. I might be working a deal to buy his route of 32 located 1-800's and get the other 4 with it. I need to take a good look at his route first though.