WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT TRIPLE VENDS

creativecandy

I love running triples. They aren't for every location but they seem to do well where I do have them located. The location should dictate the machines placed there. If the location will support a triple then you should have a triple there. If it will support a single then you should not waste the product or servicing with a triple. I run singles, doubles and triples. I think 1800's are the best but any machine will do. People will put quarters into any machine as long as it looks clean and the product is fresh.

Actually some people will even put money into machines that don't look clean with product that isn't fresh but I wouldn't count on that for my own route.;)

Like Davidsurvz says, some places don't require 3 products.  I personally don't like triple machines.  I like to use singles and double or triple them up if needed.  I've had triples before, and found that at least one of the products was a non-starter.  It seemed a waste to use the 3rd product, and therefore a waste of a 3rd head.  Plus with individual heads on a stand, you can add or subtract the heads and place them where needed.  For instance, if I had a triple in a location where the 3rd product didn't sell, I could just make that location a double and move that 3rd head to another location and maybe use that one to double up on a single location.

CC, my route is dominated by triples.  I like them because they offer the option of gumballs and two types of candy. As stated some locations just won't support 3 heads, so I either do not locate one there, or fill the product up only 1/3 or half of the way. 

I like the strategy of placing a triple first, it allows me to target the correct mix of products and # of heads to keep at the location faster than switching product in a single to get the right mix.

Place the machine, then on the first service cycle, change the worst producing product, rinse and repeat each cycle till you find the right mix, then determine if you will keep 3 heads, 2 or 1 and your done.

Best of luck.

A triple will always be a triple! I would rather have 3 independent heads on a triple plate. If that does not work out, you can convert it to a single or double very easily - or use them build a rack some where else. I just like the flexibility that single heads, plates and various stands can give.

Jax

I like the strategy of placing a triple first, it allows me to target the correct mix of products and # of heads to keep at the location faster than switching product in a single to get the right mix.

Place the machine, then on the first service cycle, change the worst producing product, rinse and repeat each cycle till you find the right mix, then determine if you will keep 3 heads, 2 or 1 and your done.

Best of luck.

I have to agree 100%. I love a triple because you get to figure out the right mix of candy faster. The sooner you get the right mix, the sooner you will be able to maximize the machine's potential. 

I like triples because it's easier to collect the money from. Most single heads you have unscrew the lock from the lid and remove the globe to collect the money unless you have a cash drawer. If you get into a location that doesn't need restocking, it's a quick in and out.

I prefer the triples but do have some doubles. For me I was trying for a 3:1 ratio. Right now I am at 4:1 so I may stay here for awhile. I am leaning towards adding a couple of racks instead of a couple more doubles. It is more economical for a rack right now compared to a double.

I like triples because it's easier to collect the money from. Most single heads you have unscrew the lock from the lid and remove the globe to collect the money unless you have a cash drawer. If you get into a location that doesn't need restocking, it's a quick in and out.

Most triples I've had, while they did have coin boxes, did not have a way to determine how many quarters were from which product.  That's pretty important to know if you want to be able to determine which is the better selling product.  I know you may be able to tell by the level of product in the head, but if you count the actualy quarters, you know the actual number of vends.  Having 3 individual heads on a stand will allow you to accurately keep track of how good each product is doing.

You're correct, Darryl. I have Vendstars and they have a coin tray for every canister. I don't bother counting coins for each product though. I record the total for the account. But I can see where that would be a problem for people who do count each product..