Counting quarters & keeping records

joebob051977

Hi Guys,

I am in the middle of reasearching machines to buy. From my previous experience I often look for producers that keep up with technology.

I was searching this forum for information on data tracking and got into this topic.

Could EZcount help you guys with coing counting related matters?

I found it from a link in beaver website.

What do you guys think of this feature? Has anyone used it before and got a story or two to share?

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I am in the middle of reasearching machines to buy. From my previous experience I often look for producers that keep up with technology.

I was searching this forum for information on data tracking and got into this topic.

Could EZcount help you guys with coing counting related matters? It can be found in http://www.EZcount.com

I found it from a link in beaver website.

What do you guys think of this feature? Has anyone used it before and got a story or two to share?

Thank you.

Do you work for EZcount? This thread just got necro-ed, and would hardly have been relevant to a new vendor. The most remarkable thing about your post (other than the blatant explanation of your low post count) is that nothing ties it to the string of posts in the thread.

Not meaning to be a jerk, or scare off a newbie from our forum. If you really are a vendor by all means, welcome and we are glad to have you and help. However, my "spider sense", or as a vendor, splatterz sense, is tingling.

20 pages of google image search for something appropriate and couldn't find anything to support the theme >->

Hi Lurtsman,

As a new member, I apologise for tingling your spider sense.

But you can be sure that the danger coming wasn't intentional, and for that trouble... My bad.

The writings up to "My bad" is my main intention. You do not need to read the rest of it if it's not important. However, allow me to quickly clarify.

My past experiences are not with vending machines. I just happen to work for Construction Equipment for Coal mining. And for our project, we use GPS data tracking for measuring Mileage, Fuel, etc.

I am going to start vending business in my country, Indonesia. And was interested on technology that helps cut down on my work, and potential for outsourcing some work. And while searching Beaver website, it has a link to EZcount (This time I better do not put the link, I did not know link can cause problem).

And then I was curious to see if anyone in vendiscuss already talk about it. To see if that technology is something usefull or just a marketing tools.

I type "data tracking" in the search box and 3 topics come out.

The first and third, I do not understand. But the second one is this topic. So I just wrote what I wrote on this topic.

Hence the end of my clarification. I am now trying to find out what does necro-ed and Low-Count means.

All in all, a pleasure to know more people in this forum. Hopefully this stumbling of mine are part of my growing up in this huge community :)

Thank you.

Hello Thenwho:

It´s a pleasure to have you in this forum. I´m from Mexico and, as you, I´m new in the vending business. I have some NW machines making "pesos" for me. I encourage you to keep learning of the posts and threads of Vendiscuss, look for information about machines, and pourveyors in Indonesia. These weeks will be important for you, and will have an impact in the kind of machines you decide to buy.

Feel welcome in the community, and we are in contact my friend.

Abdón

Hi again,

I just reread the forum rules and saw the no linking unless approved rule.

I had been using the links provided in some forums here and was very much helped by it. Wasn't aware that those links were pre-approved unlike mine ;)

Is there a way to delete our post? to correct the mistake done?

Thank you

Hi Del Altiplano,

Thank you for the introduction. Its a pleasure to know you through this forum. This forum is really great, the only other forum that I found as useful on the world wide web is online game forum :)

So keep it up VENDiscuss!

Thank you.

thenwho,

I too have had posts that I wish I could delete. lol Unfortunately we cannot delete our posts. We do have one hour to edit our posts and after that we can't change anything. lurtsman was concerned I think as sometimes we might have people pretending to be someone new to vending in order to come in our forum and promote their product, etc. I think it was your low number of posts and he thought you were tring to promote a product by linking to the web site.

I too am actually here to promote my own invention for filling our gumball machines. If you do a search you might find my new custom funnels. You can order if you like by giving me your credit card information in a pm.

nam

Hi Nam,

I got that. Now, thats a very interesting funnel you got :). Do people have a lot of difficulty refilling their gumballs?

Right now my objective is to get bulk candy machines for M&M and Mint Gums. Those are very popular in my country.

There is no good gumball manufacturer in Indonesia. If I managed to get a good supplier to clear the Health Department in Indonesia, I might need those invention :)

thenwho,

Gumballs are like the highest profit item in our machines. Might not always be the best seller but most of us like selling them because our cost is only like 2 cents each and sell for 25 cents.

So your suppliers have them but them just aren't any good? Even our gumballs have their share of problems with quality from some companies. I like them myself for the first couple minutes but the flavor goes very quickly. Of course that may mean to the kids it's just time to ask mom for another quarter and buy one. lol

Again, you might ask Ron Wahlen in Brisbane, Au if he has a good source for you on those gumballs.

nam

Hey Thenwho, just realized it was you in this thread also.

You've already got the answer for post count, so I'll add in the definition for necro-ed. To "necro" a thread is to post in a very old thread that has "died". When the new post comes about as if the topic were still current, it's considered to be bringing the thread back to life. The -ed is just a forum suffix for making a past tense of the verb. (It is not proper english)

Talk to vendingdelaltiplano about getting machines with foreign currency coin mechanism. (I responded to your other thread suggesting to talk to him, but couldn't recall his name)

Well, to tell the truth, I get my machines adapted to the mexican currency. What I can suggest to Thenwho is to contact a purveyor in Indonesia and buy his machines by that way. For me is easier to buy the mechanisms to a mexican company that works directly with some vendors from the US, than export them by myself.

Probalbly in the future, when I have more than 100 NW machines, I will export them, but by the moment that option is nos realistic.

• 3 years later...

Just starting to get everything in order to have my bulk vending business... the pencil pouch idea sounds good got to be cheaper than buying dozens of ziploc bags or the actual money bags... I assume you get the cloth like ones right?

OK unless you have a route with over 75 machines and emploies to worry about you shouldnt need to count every head. Yes every location but not head. All you need to do is calculate how much you can make per candy bag on the hopper fitting and just fill when necessary. If you have it right you should not need to worrie, and is only necessary if you are trying to keep exact count of inventory for employes. as for managing route I have a spreadsheet on my ipad which i have a car mount for so it is very easy to keep up with.

Sorry for spelling errors

I use ziplock baggies too. I put the location name on each one with a magic marker so I know how much I've collected from each machine at each location. I've had the same baggies for about two years now with no problems. :-)