Magicjack - a crazy deal

nam

If anyone needs an extra phone line two for your business or whatever you gotta check this out.  Mine just came in the mail today.  It's a little device you plug into any USB port on your computer and then plug any phone into the other end to make calls.  You could plug into any computer and even move it from one to another and have your phone with you to make free long distance calls anywhere.  It cost like $30 for this little device and then it's $20 bucks for an entire year of service.  For $59 you get 5 yrs. of phone service with free voice mail, call forwarding and all these little features at no cost.  I think I'm gonna order another one or two as long as I have the extra USB ports you can have an extra phone line for almost free.  I even got a new seperate phone number with my area code and everything included.  Can't believe this thing and the calls are just like the normal house phone.  Gonna have to see if it works on my laptop.  Check out this website www.magicjack.com

I think the quality is akin to using two orange juice can's tied together with a long string. No offense but Magicjack SUCKS! I needed an extra phone number for the biz and should have just purchased a voicemail number. Not only is the sound quality of the phone horrible but the voicemail too! Buyer beware.

g

I made several calls with mine and worked great. No one would have known I was using it if I hadn't told them. I was ready to order a couple more for myself but after hearing what you guys have said I may wait and see a bit longer before reordering. 

I think the sound is fine. It's the slow dial tone when I am on the computer. No one calls the house anymore because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like I said it's a $20 per year phone system. Don't expect more and it's fine.

Also, I can't use my fax machine with it. It doesn't work with fax machines.

They should have called it CrazyJack.

Gary