Random thoughts

lacanteen

When high we basically turn into dogs, licking all the cheese out of the cheese and crackers, unexpected doorbell scares the golpher out of you, random food combinations taste delicious, and someone rubbing your back feels heavenly.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, lacanteen said:

Being around someone who has resolved to stop swearing is like watching a child learn to walk. You want them to succeed but it’s usually funnier if they fail.

It's brilliant on the other side of this effort.  A freedom of conscience and a higher level of speech and thought.  It's worth the work.

57 minutes ago, ClarkMI said:

It's brilliant on the other side of this effort.  A freedom of conscience and a higher level of speech and thought.  It's worth the work.

I only selectively choose to censor myself when speaking. I attempt to have some sort of decorum in social situations, but I dislike trying to prevent myself from using any language myself. Yet I have felt these problems when the birth of a nephew had an effect on one of my jokes. They named him Jacob, and I used to sing the song John Jacob, with the altered words "Stupid F'n S***". Then with a new Grandson, my Daughter didn't want swearing around him, so I changed to using Crap, and Freakin'.

It's funny I became a moderator.