Random thoughts

lacanteen

15 minutes ago, The Mage said:

it's a shame nothing is built in the USA anymore.

Just bought a TV and it said 'Built in Antenna".

I don't even know where that is.

Don’t put much stock in it. Truth in labeling is totally ignored nowadays, I think people just make this stuff up.

Like we’re supposed to believe that there’s some giant condiment conglamurate run by some middle eastern mogul named “Shaik Well”.

Or the other day when I bought a bottle of wine and the flavor description on the back was “Pears with Lasagna”. But in reality it just tasted like a plain ole bottle of wine. They’re just lies, all lies.

We pay incredibly little thought to putting our mouths all over the top of cans and bottles that have been transported, handled, and exposed to conditions completely unknown to us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lacanteen said:

We pay incredibly little thought to putting our mouths all over the top of cans and bottles that have been transported, handled, and exposed to conditions completely unknown to us.

Which is one reason I buy canned soda in 12 packs.  My customers may continue to live in blissful ignorance.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:39 PM, VAVending said:

Don’t put much stock in it. Truth in labeling is totally ignored nowadays, I think people just make this stuff up.

Like we’re supposed to believe that there’s some giant condiment conglamurate run by some middle eastern mogul named “Shaik Well”.

Or the other day when I bought a bottle of wine and the flavor description on the back was “Pears with Lasagna”. But in reality it just tasted like a plain ole bottle of wine. They’re just lies, all lies.

Who the hell puts pears on lasagna anyway?  And why would you buy a bottle of wine that was supposed to taste like that?

48 minutes ago, moondog said:

Who the hell puts pears on lasagna anyway?  And why would you buy a bottle of wine that was supposed to taste like that?

I know! But figured it must just be a new flavor craze. So disappointing.