Seaga Millenia or GMW

davidsurvz

Hey Guys,

I was leaning heavily towards Seaga Millenia machines to use for single heads as I build up my fleet mostly due to cost and I think they look nice and I have heard good things about them. The really big selling point to me is that they come with both a gum and a candy wheel. I haven't really considered the GMW too much until I saw one on ebay actually sold by GMW directly. I sent them a message asking how much additional wheels cost and a couple other questions. They responded and informed me that they come with both wheels. I didn't know that (that is a good deal.) The listing is about 5 dollars per machine cheaper than the Seaga millenia machines from Sams. Plus I wouldn't have to get a membership to Sams to get the machines (that would save more money too.) I am willing to spend a little more if it is worth it..... but is it?:huh:

I would appreciate any input on comparing the machines. I am already comfortable with making the single head portion of my fleet Millenia. I guess I just need some info on the GMW's from people with first hand experience. I am wondering about the details of the GMW machines. Are they reliable, nice looking, durable, etc. Are the coin mechs metal, durable and do they jam often?? Etc, etc, etc........

Any info. is greatly appreciated.

David

David,

I cant speak of the GMW machines as I do not have any. I know Kyle and Rob love them so I'm sure you will hear good things from them. Maybe we can get a review of these machines in the review section? As for the Seaga's, well you know where I stand on those.

While I can certainly understand your reluctance to purchasing a Sam's membership just to buy machines, I wonder where you will get your candy? The $40 spent on the membership will be far less than the added cost of purchasing candy from other outlets over a years time. It may be different in NC but in my local area, Sam's is by far the cheapest place for me to purchase candy. I'm not trying to second guess your decision but I was just wondering if you took that into account.

Steve 

I have an issue with the GMW ebay auction for the millenia style machine.......the auction heading says "Heavy Duty Metal Body - Candy Gumball Vending Machine

but when you read the description this is what it says.

Safe non-toxic finish Dual-processed ABS plastic body.

so...is it...plastic or all metal

here is the link

Sample Link

Hmmm interesting, Not only that but going back to Davids original post, The eBay ad says it comes with your choice of wheels and the sales dept that David spoke with said they come with both.

I don't like to speak negatively about a company that I have not dealt with before but they seem a bit "bait and switchish?"

Steve

This is the same company that used to list on their website that they sold the millenia....I called and talked to them about it, and they told me that is was not the Seaga trademarked millenia.....now I notice that they have removed the millennia name from their website.

Wow Kyle! I really didn't see that coming from you. (I notice you changed your picture.) I guess you're done with GMW's.

I have to say thanks to all of you! Very good points made here. I am thinking I'll go with my original plan. I was rethinking the GMW idea earlier today anyway.

I know all about Oak. They are good machines but I like the price of the Seaga Millenia machines from Sams. I was thinking of Costco for candy but actually Sams is closer to our house and I will be fine getting a Sams club membership too. (We are renewing our Costco membership anyway.)

OK, I think I will stay away from GMW for now at least.

Thanks again guys!

David

I first started w/ GMW because they were from my home town.  The messed up first order.  I contacted them and they said they would fix the problem.  Lets just say I am still waiting.  I did contact the BBB but it did not help.   I now buy my Seaga's from arrowvending.com.  They are an authorized seller of Seaga's.  They fixed a problem I had w/ an order at no additional expense.  They also have the best price for doulbes. 

Lee

I'm considering using Oak because they manufacture close to my town. Honestly, I don't think I like the look of their machines. I searched their web page and they don't even advertise a big selection, not even any pricing. Do they think they are just to good to advertise $$$, do they feel their name says it all... The more I type the more I realize... SEAGAS!!!

I'm confused (for a change!). I ordered 10 triples from GMW about 4 months ago. The manuals that came with them indicated they were Seaga TV 3000's. I have since confirmed this with Seaga. I paid 129 each shipping included. The machines have been on site working trouble free for 4 months. I checked the site you mentioned, Arrowvending.com. Looks like the same exact machine for 159 plus shipping. Am I missing something? I keep thinking the idea is to pay less for quicker payback and profit, but like I said, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Regards,

Philo

PS- yes the boxes all said made in China. Like 90% of the manufactured goods out there:X

I'm not knocking quality equipment. I'm just interested in some bottom line dollar issues. If I can recover quicker and put enough profit in the bank with a cheap or used machine, isn't that better? Isn't the issue really how good the location and the service is rather than the quality of the machine? Or does the volume at a given location depend on the quality of the machine? I don't have enough time in to tell personally, so I'm interested to know.

Regards,

Philo

Philo,

I think you've touched upon something that most people often forget. Customers do not care what the brand of the machine is. They all do the same thing, vend product. And they all do it reasonably consistent with minimal breakdowns. An Oak is not going to get more quarters than a GMW or Seaga simply because it's an Oak. 

Now I know where Kyle will go from here and that is to say that an Oak will get more quarters because it will not breakdown as much. It is my opinion that all machines will breakdown from time to time. Its part of this business and it will happen to an Oak, Seaga or GMW. The reason for breakdown can usually be traced to something that would have caused any brand to breakdown, like soda can tabs in the mech.

Steve

Another point to consider is having to replace a machine after only a short period of time......sure the cheaper, or used machine will work fine for a while, but may only last 1 year or 2........sometimes a better made machine, or new machine may last many times that....so you have the added cost of replacing an inferior machine quicker.....just another thought.

I tell you what, I must be extremely lucky but I have not had a machine go down that didn't require only a screwdriver to fix. This goes for either my Oaks, my Seaga's, my NAV's or my Amerivends so I guess I can't relate to the whole "which machine is better" debate.

Steve 

Steve:

We as a group seem to have a good handle on what a machine can earn. We should try and collect data on maintenance and down time costs. With 600+ machines any idea what your typical monthly costs are for down machines? What about others? Is it reasonable to say that 1 of every 10 might be down in a given month or is it more like 1 in 50?

Regards,

Philo