Sticker/Tattoo machines

Beer980

AA is one of the better machines..but Brand makes some nice equipment also..I have alot of their 4 selects on my route..

IMO..I think Allstar makes some great sticker machines..they are more expensive but they seem easier to place for me.. We usually place them in grocery stores and have the store name put on the top of the machine in vinyal lettering.. looks great and really adds a great touch to get the machine in a location..

Northwestern will sell me a 2 column sticker machine for $155 plus shipping - any drawbacks to that model? They are the same size as an NW80 and will fit nicely on the rack. I like the idea of starting with 2 products and adding more later on if the location will support them. Still learning about flat vending.

Jax

Brand is the best built machine on the market and will last a lifetime. I have been using them for 16 years now and some still look almost new.

They just hold up better and you really can't tell if they are a couple years old or 10.The stands are the best because you can just repaint them,actually just paint the bottom of the stand.

Their display area  is larger  so you can show more stickers,and it's easier  to take off because of the wing nuts.

However these days just buy used and cheap because when it comes to sticker machines they basically all work the same.You can't go wrong with any of them.

I operate them all......Brand,Peninsula,Steiner,Useal,NW,A&A .

Fred

Does Brand Imports have the H shaped base for their machines and A&A have the round one's or do they both use those stands? I think I will wind up picking one of these up if I decide to get a couple of racks. The same person has these and a bunch of rack set up's. It looks like they have a bunch of different machine in storage from pictures I can see. Jax are you looking for anything if I go and get some machines from them?

Brand has two different H stands,I have both types and would recommend them. On the larger H stand you can put the 4 column sticker/tattoo on top and they have wings you can put down lower for caps or 2 column flat machines. I only have the one 8 column but it moves real easy on the dolly and wish I had more. Talked to another vendor that started running 8 columns and he said he wasn't going to buy anything else in the future.

Thanks for the wings tip. I may add a couple of .25 1" caps under it. Having 8 columns seems like a good idea but just starting with stickers I don't want to lay out that much for 8 different varieties. I think 4 will get me going and see if I like the turnover & get a good return.

Thanks to you Fred I have some good sticker machines to run with.

My opinion is that you have to have a minimum  of a 4x sticker on a good location, and upgrade from there.  To me a 2x sticker isn't really worth the space taken on a small rack when you can easily do a standalone 2x/3x/4x sticker and make more revenue.  That is why I like the Impulse/Advance/A&A sticker machines, the NW only is a 2x sticker.

Of course, 2x stickers have their place too but I would rather focus on the higher end and higher revenue sticker locations for the time being.  when you are running more machines you have to manage your time much better to get ready for the next deal that will fill your storage spaces.

I was in the Brand office today looking at their new large tattoo's that sell for a buck. They really have some great large tattoos for the lower back or wherever. I was immediately trying to buy some until I found out they are too big for a standard machine and have to buy new machines to vend them. Anyone running the large flat vending machines? Hard to believe these are temp. tattoos they are so big! Wanted to buy some Zoo mania and they were out so had to place an order and wait. These people at Brand are great to deal with and would recommend them. I have some AA machines too and think they are good too but don't have the personal experience with them yet. Just bought 10 two column machines that came from AA. I'm with you Joe on the preferring 4, 6 or 8 column so you have alot more choices to put in the machines. These 2 column I just got are like new and only $50 so figure I can put them anywhere and they'll pay for themselves.

nam

I am still waiting for BI to email me the price list I asked for on Friday. Are Brand Imports machines more expensive then A&A Global to buy new? A deal I am looking at is asking more for BI then A&A. They want $100 for a 4 Column A&A Global and $150 for a 4 column Brand Imports. Granted the A&A is a dull red color in the picture so it may need to be repainted. The BI looks to be better presentation wise with the black paint somewhat new looking. I just can't see paying $200 for a used 6 column Brand Imports even with good looking paint. I don't know the condition of the 6 column A&A Global for $150 as it is not in the picture but the 8 column A&A Global for $175 looks like it has good paint. It just looks like a sticker machine beast. For me I am leaning towards a 4 column but would consider the 6 column. I do plan on making a lower offer for whatever I choose.

Beer, $200 isn't a bad price for a 6x sticker.  Granted it could be better but you risk getting one in a little worse condition or an older machine.

If you are putting a new sticker machine in a spot for the first time, go with the 4x sticker so you can try 1 boy and girl item and 2 neutral items to see how it goes.  You can then adjust with a mystery column, more boy or more girl stuff or whatever you need to do.  If it blows out, you know the 6x sticker (or even an 8x sticker) at $200 or more is well worth the investment.

Yea I may have to flip a coin on the whole deal. In a way I want the six for a mystery column option but it has the added expense of 2 more sticker columns to buy for. I don't want to be totaly broke that I can't afford to fill them when I place them. Right now I will need enough toy product for at least 2 sets of 2 @.50 and 2 sets of 2 or 3 @.25 depending on if I offer a gumball or 3 toys. He also has some 5 way racks I will be including into the deal and I may also include a single super 80 on chrome stand. Those 5 way racks he wants $175 but I am going to shoot for $150 each. Like you I also lined up a single machine filled with bouncy balls that someone will meet me at the interstae with at one of the exits on my way by. Still looking for other deals to fill my trailer that fit the budget.