Got my first batch of candy today =)

BrianS

Woohooo!

Went to Sam's and opened up an account. Only thing they didnt have was 1' gumballs. Do they normally carry these in the 850ct? He said he had some in a tub of 350ct but i was not sure if those were the right ones. Does it normally come in a box or a tub?

Got some skittles, PMM's, and mike and ike's to start

All ready to go now! Going out tommorow (was today, but I have this nasty cold and my head feels like a balloon)

Nice work Brian!  The 850ct. 1'' are in a box.  I think the ones the guy was talking about are the ones in a plastic container that are individually wrapped.  I believe that sams onlin can deliver the 1'' gumballs.  Did they have the chicle gum tabs?  I'm not sure if your vendstars have the gumball wheel.  If they do not you will need it for the 1'' gumballs.  If they don't have the gumball wheel then you can do the chicle tab gum.

Gabe,

Thanks! I do have the gumball wheel, he included those with the purchase =)

I will look into the gum tabs though, I didnt notice those.

You are right the ones he pointed out were in a plastic container which I thought was wrong.

-Brian

Brian,

My Sam's stopped stocking the boxes of 850 gumballs but can order them. We went to Costco business center location - not a normal Costco store at all. They specialize in selling to businesses and not the general public. The inside is totally different and merchandise is way different. Anyway, the Costco Business Center store carries far more candy selections in stock than normal Costco or Sam's Club. Also a little less expensive on the 850 gumballs - like still under $15 a box and Sam's was over $17. Main thing was stocking alot more variety and having it on hand in the store. Also ask at Costco about saving 5% on gas purchases almost everywhere you buy gas. I always use it for gas and have never bought gas at Costco. That's almost like 10 cents a gal. at $2 a gallon or 20 cents if gas go back to $4 per gallon. It's a Costco Amex card and saves alot more money at many stores and gas stations.

nam

Busyyyyyyyyyy weekend!!

We threw a surprise birthday for my mother-in-law's 50th and I havent had a chance to place my first 4 machines yet (waiting for lock/key for my NW).

I just finished attaching my contact info on the top of the machines (small enough its not an eye sore).

Cant wait until the morning!

Wish me luck and I will let you know. Never located before but I plan to get all 4 on locations tommorow.

-Brian

Thanks guys!

In a weird twist of events my wife needed to take our car for a business meeting (I get mine back next week).

Anyhow, I normally walk 1-4 miles a day anyhow so I thought why not grab my binder and walk the half mile to our little strip plaza. There is about 10 places total there and I figured I would give it a shot. If I struck out, oh well I will try in the car tommorow.

First stop: Dallies Pizzeria (Wife said yes, but husband went to get groceries so drop by tommorow)...

2nd stop: Big Florist shop - She said YES before I even finished my pitch! She was even moving stuff beside the door out of the way so I could place it lol...had to tell her I would drop it off in the monrning :)

3rd stop: Medium sized deli - The owner was very kind and again said yes very quickly. He said to drop by anytime and move the big plant beside the door and place the machine there.

4th stop: Local bar - Waitress wouldnt let me talk to the owner..

Alot of the places didnt open till noon and it was hot, so I decided to head home. I will try to get the other 2 triples located when I drop of the 2 tommorow.

For my first time locating, I am seriously pleased at how it went. Feels so good to have my first machines placed!

Thanks for all the valuable information guys, without this site I would of been a walking timebomb.

-Brian

Thanks Darryl, yes def a great start!

Too bad it isnt sustainable lol

BTW, wife ended up coming home at 3pm and as anxious as I was, I dropped off both machines. Man it feels good! Infact the flower shop was full of kids and 3 of them even fed my machine while I was chatting up the owner.

Life is good!

Yep ran out of machines lol

Had a ultravend come in today, and during the day I needed to buy a cheap car. So I picked up a used car at a lot and one of the stipulations to me buying it was that he allowed me to place a machine. So I am going to clean up the ultravend (you should see how this ebay sent it to me! Cob webs! NOT KIDDING!) and place it tommorow :)

Also received a lock and key for my NW 60, so after I figure out how to fasten the lock into the hole I will place that 1 too :)

I am in the Lake Mary/Sanford area.

-Brian

Alot of the places didnt open till noon and it was hot, so I decided to head home. I will try to get the other 2 triples located when I drop of the 2 tommorow.

Brian,

Hot?  I've been chopping ice for the last 4 days! I would kill for a day over 60 degrees

Brian - sounds like you're hooked on vending! Good job on your startup and may many many quarters come your way.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate it!

I would be lieing if I said I wasnt. I understand it is a slow business to grow, but I absolutely love the challenge in doing so. To be honest my wife was a bit reluctant to hear about vending at first, but now that she sees how excited I get when I get my machines placed she is even helping out with ideas!

I would love to pick your brain sometime mr thousands of machines man =)

Brian,

Hot?  I've been chopping ice for the last 4 days! I would kill for a day over 60 degrees

Trust me, being from canada (only recently migrated to florida) I have been through my share of storms. I always laughed at people who lived in 70+ most of the year saying it would be a breeze.

As it turns out, living in florida can be gaggy in the summer, at best. I find it equivalent to sitting in a sauna for 24 hours straight, lol.

I would like to see some snow though, I do kinda miss that. Only a bit though!

-Brian