ACTION CLAW crane machine NEED HELP REPAIRING!!!

millardo21

Hello. So I will be purchasing a claw machine just like what is pictured in this post. I have an almost 3 year old daughter that is now almost obsessed with claw machine so i figured I'd be a great father and buy her one for the basement. Currently it is non-operational. The question is that I have not the slightest clue as to where to start to diagnose what may be wrong with the machine. It seems to be an older model machine with fairly simple electronics inside, still not sure where to start. I have a basic to intermediate understanding for electronics and am almost positive if i was pointed in the right direction I could manage most to all for the repairs myself. Also curious if parts for this can even be found anymore? any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated by myself and especially my daughter!!!

When I get it home in a few days I can post pictures of the inside to help show what its setup looks like and to help diagnose!!

s-l1600.jpg

Have you purchased it yet? If I remember right, that action you posted only sold for $25 or $50 at auction, so I'd be careful how much you pay for a non-working one. It's pretty old school, I have no idea about parts about it. What exactly is wrong with yours? Or what is it doing/not doing? I have some cranes, but they are all newer stuff. 

Just because a 3 yr old is obsessed is not a reason to encourage that obsessment for something you know nothing about.  Reading this forum will teach you that very few cranes are reliable and easy to troubleshoot or get parts for.  Do your child and yourself a favor and just say no.  Teach them what no means now and your life will be much easier.  Get them interested in physical activities and other toys NOT electronic.  That is my fatherly advice.

Archived