Mystery column profits?

nam

How many of you are doing a mystery column in your flat vending machines and how well does it work?  I was told this is a great way to get rid of slow moving tattoos and stickers but haven't actually done it myself yet.  Already have a bunch of stuff that has come with the used machines I've bought but know my new boxes will sell much better so kind of hate to take up a column with this old stuff.  Thinking of only doing it in the larger 4 and 6 column machines where I'd still have room for the newer stuff.  Planning on doing the surprise or mystery column for only a quarter?  Appreciate any advice from those of you doing the sticker/tattoo vending.

Still hoping someone can give me some advice on changing the price on my Greenwald and ESD coin mechs.  I have no instructions and couldn't find any in the Plus section?

nam

I found this for Greenwald. http://www.greenwaldindustries.com/page.aspx?p=lit It shows the coin mech parts diagram and how to change it in PDF. Also look at the Available Price Settings PDF to see how to place the blanks to get the correct price you want. It does not look that hard.

Maybe look at this site and you can email them direct fot the ESD's. http://www.esdcoin.com/Default.htm

Beer,

Thank you so much. I had looked for the Greenwald web site but hadn't come up with this exact link and it was great. Just exactly what I was needing. Had an exploded view but not specific instructions and figured I'd get one apart and not be able to put it back together. lol You should post this stuff up in the Plus section as it isn't in there and sure alot of vendors don't know how to do this either. I had called and played phone tag with ESD for days and finally was able to speak to them. Ordered some of the little block inserts to do it and they were supposed to send me instructions. Got the blocks with no instructions in the package. Anyone thinking you may want to do flat vending out to go to this link for Greenwald and print these instructions. Thanks again.

nam

I have been considering this also, taking the displays from all of the misfit leftovers :) and cutting them into a collage, my fiancee is very good with artistic things so she would be valuable there.  I did it once with Sponge Bob and NFL stickers in the same column and they sold out!  I will do the same with leftover Family Guy, Spiderman, and some other stuff and do it again.  If you have a good sticker spot sometimes it just doesn't seem to matter what you put in there.

Joe,

I've spoken with a couple vendors running alot of flat vending machines that both swore by this method. You can't help but end up with too little in a column of something you don't want to reorder and something that isn't as popular anymore. They make the mystery columns sell for a quarter and do great with them.

nam