Vending Machine Falling Over Lawsuits?

CashFlow

Hi guys is this something I should be concerned about? I have Vendesigns, and realized that a kid could probably push that over and crush them. Would I be at fault? Is there any disclaimer I can put on the vending machines. Saw that 2.18 people die a year from vending machines. Old Statistic, don't know if accurate anymore.

I'm not concerned about it. As far as I can tell it rarely happens and most of these people are being injured during the installation process. Put a tip over warning sticker on it and make sure it's leveled properly. Might look into also getting general liability insurance. I really can't see a ruling going against you if you did everything necessary to prevent it from tipping and then had someone tampering with the machine and getting hurt.

If you have any assets that you want to protect you will need general liability insurance. If someone gets hurt and files a lawsuit they will name everybody and anybody as a defendant. If you have insurance then they handle the mess for you and they pay any financial judgement against you. If you don't have insurance then you hire the attorney out of pocket and are stuck with the bill and the judgement if you are found liable. The odds are against anything ever happening but as you grow your business it will inevitably be necessary to protect your assets with the appropriate insurance.

Archived