The voice of VENDiscuss!

caserri

I thought I would take a moment to post this. I'm sure most of you already know that Mad Dog and Vroom had parted ways and we can all draw our conclusions as to why.

Below is a statement pulled directly from the website of Vroom Foods, the makers of Buzz Bites, about their separation from Mad Dog Energy. Notice the part about the negative forum posts. I cant help but to think that we were instrumental in this because to my knowledge, VENDiscuss was the only board that was critical of this "opportunity" from the get go. Other boards that I frequent started out praising and even promoting the opportunity. Our members are smarter than that.

This is proof positive that we as a community have the voice to bring about positive change in our industry.

Comments?

Steve

[justify]As of September 12, 2008, Vroom Foods, Inc. terminated its relationship with Mad Dog Energy Products, Inc. If you are unable to obtain Buzz Bite® chocolate or mint chocolate energy chews, or would like to be on our mailing list for future vending communication, please contact Vroom Foods, Inc. at http://www.vroomfoods.com or call us at 949-515-1616. Vroom Foods, Inc. can supply you directly with bulk Buzz Bites at the same price you were paying with only a one case minimum.

[/justify]

[justify]Also, please be advised that Vroom Foods has no responsibility for any representations or claims that may have been made to you by Mad Dog Energy Products, which until last week was a supplier of Buzz Bite® chocolate and mint chocolate energy chews, or any vending machine company suppliers, as those parties are completely independent of Vroom Foods. Vroom Foods has not authorized anyone to offer exclusive territories or vending routes, nor has Vroom Foods required that anyone purchase a minimum number of vending machines or a minimum starting or replacement inventory of product. Vroom Foods is the originator and supplier of Buzz Bite® chocolate and mint chocolate energy chews--that is our business.

[/justify]

[justify]We are troubled by the turmoil and confusion in the forums and the blogs that we read about--especially over the past several days. We want to assure all of those who have come to know and love Buzz Bite® chocolate and mint chocolate energy chews that we are willing and able to supply product directly to you based on your own needs and requirements, and not on artificially determined amounts imposed by third parties. After all, it is your business and not somebody else's. Buzz Bite® chocolate or mint chocolate energy chews have been around for four years and Vroom Foods has consistently provided a quality product. We encourage you to think and contact us before you decide to change from Buzz Bite® chocolate and mint chocolate energy chews to a new product that has not been tested in the market.

[/justify]

[justify]Based on our review of the various blogs and forums, it appears that many of you may have legitimate gripes and concerns. We can assure you that Vroom Foods is an ethical business that is not the source or cause of those problems and we are taking appropriate action to protect the good will associated with our corporation name and our trademarks.  [/justify]

I can see Vroom's point here. They are simply producing a product for sale and NOT a business opportunity for re-sale purposes. It's the biz-ops that create this blue-sky opportunity package with low quality, extremely over-priced equipment (and parts) and a misrepresentation of profits to be had.

I personally would not blame Vroom on Mad Dog's shady biz-op practices just like I would not blame Hershey Chocolates on the shady practices of Vendstar, Uturn, 1800, SSF, NAV and other pie-in-sky biz-ops who misrepresent reality.

I guess what I am saying is that it's important to separate the product from the so-called opportunity. I am sure that all those failed biz-ops vendors will still eat M&M's long after they "retire" from vending.

Now I am in no way endorsing this product or any other energy product. But selling any kind of energy product out of a more traditional reliable vending machines MAY do well for some folks. Like any new product on the market, it needs to be tested in strategic locations from STANDARD VENDING EQUIPMENT before any serious cash is invested. I personally will not test this product since I don't want to mess with food products any more.

Another analogy for me relates to selling 2 inch super balls for example. I do sell them out of the tried-and-proven NW80, but would never even consider selling them out of an over-priced, jam-prone Bounce-A-Roo machine (or what ever it is called).

Glad to see how Vendiscuss had an influence. Maybe the site can also get Sam's to sell fresh gumballs someday!

Jax

Jax,

I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying. I don't think any of us ever criticized the product. But we all know the Mad Dog biz-op was unethical at best. It is a shame that the folks at Vroom were caught in the middle of Mad Dog's scheme just as a countless number of our peers were.

I know that reps from both Vroom and Mad Dog are members here. It is unfortunate that the characters from Mad Dog were the most vocal. I wish the Vroom guys added a bit more but maybe they will now.

The reason I posted this story was to show how much of a voice we have collectively. Not to reopen any wounds caused by MDE.

Steve

Steve,

Not trying (or wanting) to re-open those issues either. A product is a product and needs to be tested first - that's all folks!

So to stick with the original theme of the post, do you think we had any impact on Sam's recalling the Dubble Bubble?

Jax

It's hard to say. I know that we have representatives of many of the industry's heavy hitters on board. They, for the most part, remain silent. I assume they are here just keeping their ears to the ground. I'm not trying to toot our own horn but I like to think that we are the "go to" forum for them to find out what's on the mind of today's vending operator. :D (toot-toot)

With that knowledge, I think it would be very easy for us to at least influence them in some way.

Steve

This forum and The Buzz Bite Forum saved many people money, but many people did end up buying. Vroom Foods ended their relationship (briskly) when the complaints began and the forums like Vendiscuss started pointing out flaws in the opportuniy. Jason, the owner of Vroom Foods is a very honest and ethical person and was devastated by all of the negative problems that were caused by the company that used his product for a bizop. These forums have helped Jason a lot because your info and members advice limited how many people who got into vending who shouldn't have, Jason is very heartbroke over people who paid so much for machines and are now in financial trouble. Jason had absolutly no connection to the bizop other than suppling product to the company who did promote the bizop, and he ran once he saw what was happening. He is now trying to repair the damage. 

Keith,

I think a great step forward for Jason and Vroom Foods would be if he could spend a few moments with our members on an upcoming VENDiscuss LIVE! conference call. I believe that if a commitment like that was made, he would have the opportunity to distance his company from Mad Dog rather quickly.

I know Jason is a member here. I know he was dis-heartened by the events that took place. Now is the time for him to bring the truth to the operators themselves, live and in person. If you have any connection with him, please ask him to join us on a call.

Steve 

They told people that the machines would do $50 to $75 per month and could be placed anywhere. Not true. Machines that were placed by newbees or locators averaged under $5 per month, and many of the located machines didn't last past 30 days. The only people who I have seen do well with Buzz Bites are established vendors especially vendors with a lot of business and lunchroom locations. A vender here in Portland, OR has 200+ Buzz Bite machines located averagering $15 per month. 

We are now lining up calls with various special guests. I would like to have at least one each month at a time and date of the guests choosing. We are speaking with several potential guests now trying to put a solid schedule together. I think we have a solid guest for March's call but February is still open at this point.

If you and/or Jason would like to participate, PM me to discuss scheduling.

Steve

This is one of the reasons I don't post here much...I tried to warn people of these kind of biz ops so they didn't lose their life savings which many do.

When I did some here took offense and now they are changing their tune.I think there were more here promoting it then not or saying give it a chance.

No one on the yahoo boards promoted or barely talked about it because they all know a biz op when then see one.

This board is a prime target for biz ops because all the naive newbies,not to be hard but it is what it is....And the sheer number of members is a salesman's wet dream.:shock:

Fred

Steve,

You have become a voice of the industry. It's a real testament to the power of this site. This site will have the ability to shape the vending industry's future. Once again thank you for your hard work.

As far as Buzz bites, they have never been on my radar. I think this will change. I feel the energy business is a strong one right now, if the investment is small - I'll consider riding the wave.

I think there were more here promoting it then not or saying give it a chance.

Really Fred?

Show me any post on this forum that was made promoting the Mad Dog biz-op that was NOT made by a MD plant and was NOT called out as such by our membership and I will show you tons of others that called it what it was. I even went so far as to post up the actual court documents charging Gary Luckner and Mad Dog with racketeering!

This board is a prime target for biz ops because all the naive newbies,not to be hard but it is what it is....And the sheer number of members is a salesman's wet dream.

I'm happy Fred that you were able to start your business as a seasoned veteran. Unfortunately everyone else has had to start as a "naive newbie" and are in need of a little help and guidance. Yes this may be a salesmans "wet dream" but what you don't understand is that this board is moderated very well. We work very hard to make sure it is protected from scammers. You see only a small fraction of what goes on here. You don't see the hundreds of members who have been wiped from the rolls because they joined and immediately posted up biz-op crap. You didn't see the checks I received in the mail from companies like VendStar and Mad Dog with a letter that said they would like for me to promote their product on my site, and you didn't see how many pieces I was able to rip them into before I sent them back. You don't see how much of my own personal time and effort I put into ensuring this forum is a pleasant place for operators to visit. All you see is one or two biz-ops simply being discussed and chalk it up to "naive newbies" who are promoting a biz-op.

No one on the yahoo boards promoted or barely talked about it because they all know a biz op when then see one.

Well then, let me thank all of your cronies over at Yahoo for helping to warn others about these scam artists. The way I see it, if you did nothing to help, that makes you an accessory to the crime.

I started this thread as a postive item to show how we may have had a hand in the downfall of the MDE opportunity and Fred has found a way to accuse us once again of promoting biz-ops.

Steve

Steve I am not going to get into personal attacks, it has nothing to do with me.Yes this is a wet dream for biz ops and salesman and bashing me isn't going to change that...And yes biz ops thrive on the naive newbies looking for that dream of owning their own business.So no matter what you say about me that's not going to change either.

Yes over at yahoo people were warned.I know you have a problem with the yahoo boards.Really sticking your foot in your mouth on this one.Your accusing the yahoo boards for being accessory to the crime. No one has lost money over there from the buzz bite biz op.How many have lost money here?:huh:

It's great that you screen for biz ops and you do a great job here.

I warned and hope some saved a lot of money because I did warn.I am sure there have been many here that have lost money and all of the country who have lost millions in total.

Just curious you still happy with tha snack location that does $10 a week?

Fred

I agree with you on your great post Jax, you got a belated POTD from me.  :)

I agree that Energy Vending has a place in certain locations, I am thinking of a Gold's Gym location I have that it may do OK in... but biz-ops are a reality of life (I know I have fallen for a few myself); and apparently, as long as people are dreaming of getting rich quick and there are people who are good but unethical marketers to package and sell these types of "deals" to those people this problem will continue into the future.

Our forum is one great way we can work together to combat this threat to the common Tom, golpher, and Harry Vendor.  Another way is to fight fire with fire, have our own group of internet and other good marketers out there, as well as the all-powerful word of mouth, to get the word out about not only our own forum, but our own "package" of entering and being a good and successful vendor in this business THE RIGHT WAY.

Unfortunately, to get Sam's to have fresher and better stored gumball product we will need a massive effort of to do that because of the sheer hundreds of billions of dollars that that company has in its coffers.  But then again, the momentum for any change has to start somewhere sometime.  So why not us and why not now?