Stands Are Too Expensive

locussst

I am new to vending and have been looking around the forums for a few days now including the instructions for newcomers.

But I have seen little about vending machine stands.  From reading these posts I determined that I might be best served by going with a simple machine like NW Super 60, Oak Vista , etc.  Thing is, I am trying to keep the entire thing under $100 to decrease my break even point.

What do you guys do for stands?  Seems like it would be pretty easy to construct something and/or maybe there are stands sold for other purposes locally that can easily be adapted for vending out of these small machines.  Just curious as the stands cost almost as much as the machines and I am trying to keep the cost down.

I looked at used machines, but not always easy to find what I am looking for.  Especially good brands I don't see a lot of offers.

Welcome to the forum. You've paid attention obviously, those are great and fairly inexpensive machines to use. Depending on where you're located, there are places that sell stands for $30-40, the killer is the shipping though. 

Cheap stands were always hard to come by for me starting out. Lots and lots of searching and driving have allowed me to stockpile quite a few. Most were found for less than $10. About 20-25 I bought with junk machines and either sold the machines off or threw them away if they were real junk. 

I buy most of my stands used. I often will buy entire machines just for the stands from craigslist or offer up, just to avoid shipping. Plus you can slowly sell the machines that you didn't want. A steel brush and can of black Rustoleum hammered will have em looking better than new in no time and little effort.

That is a good idea to buy the machines for the stands if the right deal comes along... and I might think about making my own at some point.

But parrothead, I am in Atlanta so I will PM you and arrange a time to come by for some of those stands.

Two flanges, length of cut pipe with threading, and some cut 4x4 pieces. I make an "X" with the 4x4's, screw together with some big screws (not sure what they're normally used for, but they're big suckers), attach one flange to the middle of the "X", insert pipe, add second flange. About this time I hit the whole thing with Rustoleum black "hammered" finish paint, as it looks great in my opinion. You can get all sorts of creative with this sort of thing though. Once that's done, attach the machine(s). If you get enough materials, you can usually make several stands in short order.

This solution is not for "every" location or situation, but if you need stands and can't get them anywhere else, if you've got a hardware store near you, you can be in business today so to speak. Good luck!

Archived