What is it like to first place a machine?

CashFlow

I am about to locate my machine and was wondering if this is how it all works.

1. Make cold call or e-mail. 

2. Say the thing, negotiate commission or say charity. Give sheet to person in charge to select type of candy. I plan on doing 6 options so it doesn't get crazy. I have vendesign carosuel

3. They approve and tell you when its ok to stop by

4. Leave machine in car first and introduce yourself. 

5. Setup machine. 

6. Give quarters to person in charge to test out

7. Smile and leave.

Did I get everything right here? Will I ever have to introduce myself to the whole staff, that's my fear. Candy sheet even necessary?

In person locating will be much more successful, but over the phone may work if doing a charity. I wouldn't allow the location to select the candy. If they have a preference or suggestions, I would let them know you may try it next service cycle. 

Giving quarters to the decision maker to test isn't necessary, but maybe as a "the first few are on me " gesture. You'll want to make sure everything is operational before you place.

Many times locations will want to have a say in what type of candy you are putting in the machine and occasionally it can help sales if you put something in that the owner or employees like. Just tell them these are the 6 candy items you carry and let them choose a couple if they want. Be prepared for them to ask for items other than what you carry and have a reasonable response ready. Take the machine in with you..........once you have it in the door there is less chance they will say "I've reconsidered and I don't want it.". You need to be understand that many times location owners see these types of things as a nuisance and a waste of their time (not always, but often) so don't expect them to be as excited as you are about it being there. They just want the thing to look nice, work correctly and not be a complaint generator that will detract from their business. Always remember that they have other things to do so don't linger any longer than necessary.  Ask them where they want it, set it up quickly and quietly, tell them your number is on the machine if they need anything, sincerely thank them and skate. Don't jack around with giving them quarters. It is a waste of your time, their time and YOUR money.  

On 2/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, gumball guy said:

Many times locations will want to have a say in what type of candy you are putting in the machine and occasionally it can help sales if you put something in that the owner or employees like. Just tell them these are the 6 candy items you carry and let them choose a couple if they want. Be prepared for them to ask for items other than what you carry and have a reasonable response ready. Take the machine in with you..........once you have it in the door there is less chance they will say "I've reconsidered and I don't want it.". You need to be understand that many times location owners see these types of things as a nuisance and a waste of their time (not always, but often) so don't expect them to be as excited as you are about it being there. They just want the thing to look nice, work correctly and not be a complaint generator that will detract from their business. Always remember that they have other things to do so don't linger any longer than necessary.  Ask them where they want it, set it up quickly and quietly, tell them your number is on the machine if they need anything, sincerely thank them and skate. Don't jack around with giving them quarters. It is a waste of your time, their time and YOUR money.  

Wheww, ok this gives me a lot of relief actually. Didn't want to stay and meet with all employees and what not.

Archived