Vending Liscense in my county

Skaught

can anyone help me interpret what this means? Does this mean I need to pay $25 for each location I place my machine?

Vendor Licenses

Regular Vendor’s License – ]Issued by the County Auditor to vendors with a fixed place of business in Ohio. Vendors must have one regular vendor’s license for each sales location. $25.00 Application Fee – No Annual Renewal

Transient Vendor’s License – Issued by the Ohio Department of Taxation to vendors who transport stocks of goods to temporary places of business or exhibits in a county where they have no fixed place of business in order to make sales. $25.00 Application Fee – No Annual Renewal

Delivery Vendor’s License – Issued by the Ohio Department of Taxation to vendors who make sales based on delivery of goods and certain services at the consumer’s location. $25.00 Application Fee – No Annual Renewal

Service Vendor’s License – Issued by the Ohio Department of Taxation to vendors providing automatic data processing; computer services or electronic information services; taxable telecommunications service; landscaping and lawn care service, private investigation and security services; information service (I-900 telephone calls); exterminating service; building maintenance and janitorial service; employment service; and employment placement service. - $25.00 Application Fee – No Annual Renewal

Jesse & Skaught, you're right, this stuff can get pretty confusing. Here in N. Carolina I got most of my info by spending one morning visiting the county tax assessor and  tax collectors offices, city licensing office, zoning office, and register of deeds. I asked lots of questions at each place and they were much more helpful than I had expected. One interesting thing that I noted, was the complete change of attitude (especially with the ladies) as soon as I mentioned that my business would help raise funds for the National Childrens Cancer Society. Most people just seemed more friendly & helpful when I mentioned that.

I found that some laws are pretty vague and open to interpretation. For instance, the city tax law here could be understood to say $4/year for the whole business, or $4/year per location, or $4/year per machine. So the lady in charge called nearby cities to see how they taxed vendors. We ended up going with $4/year per machine.Oh well:(

It was a little overwhelming but overall went much smoother than expected.

Oh yeah, also called the IRS for ID# and state office for tax #.

Good luck!

Ernie

The laws are vague :) I answered Skaught in a PM...I'll repeat my reply here:

Scott,

We live in the Cleveland area. I believe you are looking at licenses for *sales tax*. If you vend soda you will need one of these - and you should only need 1.

Kevin