Servicing your machines and Commissions

Daniel S

Hello, I'm new to this and about to purchase 4 - 3 head LYPC candy machines. After placing them in locations I was planning on visiting/servicing them once a month. 2 questions for you: What other than restocking, getting your cash out, cleaning the machines, and making sure mechanicals are working do you do? Is there anything else?

2nd question, if you offer commission, how much do you offer? I was reading on here anywhere from 5 - 30% (but that was some for full line and some for bulk). I was thinking to offer 20-25%. Is that fair? is that even enticing for a business owner?

Thanks! 

Typically small candy machines are charity, the percentages wont mean much when ur talking just a few dollars. U can try local or national, i think nccs is the one everyone likes cuz they have been proven legit when others have turned out to be scammers. Locally, think animal shelter, ronald mcdonald house, or local childrens educational center. Normally u want to see about 10% of gross go toward charity cuz candy can be high COG and high spoilage. Racks with toys and gum are when commissions come into play for most vendors. Right at 30%. Any more and it'll be hard to make a profit.

Archived