Recycler?

I have a location with snack and soda in break room. Pretty decent account. Well the competition we kicked out had a "recycler" on their soda machine that when you inserted a 5.00 you could buy a drink and get 1.00 bills back and not all quarters. Well now the location is requesting we put one on.

I have never used one of these dba recyclers.  The soda machine is a third party loaner from Coke. Its a royal bubble front machine. I asked coke for a recycler but the service tech the only ones they use now are the ones with the credit card reader built in also and they only use the on their full service machines. He mentioned ebay. I went on ebay tonight and found several from  130 to 190. My question is..I notice the recycler has 2 plugs on it? I know the one plug will plug into the dba plug on the machine itself but where does the other plug go? Ill add picture of the unit IM looking at to this post so you can see what im talking about.

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!large.recycler.jpg.134a51f23edba89c564d5f279e5065e3.jpg

MDB validators usually have two plugs.  One plug hooks up to the coin mech and the other plug hooks up to the control board.  If I am not mistaken, credit card readers have two plugs too.  That's how you daisy chain everything into MDB.

P.S.  On a side note, I think you would be 100x better off installing a credit card reader instead of a bill recylcler, or even just getting a coin mech that gives $1.00 coins back.  Recyclers are notoriously unreliable.  Coke might let you swap out such a coin mech instead of the recycler, and you would probably be so much better off that way.

I have a few recyclers out, people seem to get confused by them, and I only place them now in locations with a steady customer base that needs to be able to break 10's or 20's.  I recycle 5's and use dollar coins where needed.  If the location is only worried about using fives then the dollar coins are the way to go, much more reliable and less confusing for the customer. 

Archived