Using Craigslist to find locations

lurtsman

This morning I decided to try posting some job opportunities on craigslist. 10-20$ in cash to anyone who secures me a location for a machine. I must approve of the location, and have the location for at least 3 months. 10$ for regular locations, 20$ for the front of a high traffic restaurant or manufacturing break room.

Any ideas or warnings pop into your head feel free to toss em out here for me. I'll update this thread with results of how this experiment goes. I know as an employee I wouldn't of cared about letting a vendor in, but if he offered me ten bucks while I was being underpaid, I'd clearly say good things about him and try to put him in the break room.

Should be interesting :)

Lurts I have tried CL for placing machines but with another tactic.  I just put it under the "wanted" section and tiled my ad "Vending locations wanted".  It was a long shot and unfortunately didn't get one response.  I think your idea is much better and I hope it works out for you.  Please keep us updated.

• 2 years later...

WOW! I was about to do this myself, but I was thinking of offering $50.00 for a location.

Glad I read this first!!

I'll start with $20.00 for a good, approved, location. Maybe offer $50.00 for a very high traffic place.

I spend so much time servicing my routes and office work that I don't have much time at all anymore to build the business. I need people to be looking for locations for me.

This morning I decided to try posting some job opportunities on craigslist. 10-20$ in cash to anyone who secures me a location for a machine. I must approve of the location, and have the location for at least 3 months. 10$ for regular locations, 20$ for the front of a high traffic restaurant or manufacturing break room.Any ideas or warnings pop into your head feel free to toss em out here for me. I'll update this thread with results of how this experiment goes. I know as an employee I wouldn't of cared about letting a vendor in, but if he offered me ten bucks while I was being underpaid, I'd clearly say good things about him and try to put him in the break room.Should be interesting :)

I would drop the 3 month thing. Your going to approve it anyway right?

Archived