Sam's Club Gumball Ordeal...

markvend

We all know the frustrations with Sam's Club and the ever cracking gumball debacle.  I was surprised tonight when I went to Sams.  I loaded up my cart with candy, pulled it to the front by the registers and immediately walked out to get my checkbook which I had forgotten.

When I returned to pay at the register, the manager said to me she thought I got mad and walked out because they were out of gumballs.  I told her I didn't buy gumballs through Sams and asked why they were out.

She said it was because of "cracked gumballs" and the recall from Concord we've already heard about here on Vendiscuss.

Anyway, thought you would like to know at least there is one Sams employee who actually knows about the problem and has connected it with the solution from Concord (hopefully!).

For those of you who haven't given up yet on Sams, maybe this is good news.

I pray this post does not get Jax riled up again about Sams! (LOL)

Mark

It is good that some Sam's employees know of the problem, the problem is even store managers are just tiny spokes in the wheels of the mega giant that is Walmart Corp. 

It would take a concerted effort of many of them to even turn the rudder of that ship the right way as it pertains to the gumballs, when there are 1000s of other items that may be more profitable that the big guys want to see pushed.

Hey, I still buy candy at Sam's!  No one else can get candy at a better price - so I tip my hat to them on that.  :cool:  But any time I hear "Sam's" and "Gumballs" in the same sentence, I turn into a maniac! :D

By the way, I believe a saw a headline in the business section that said "Dental business drops 40% due to less cracked teeth from marble-like gumball recall"!  A prominent dentist sadly said, "This recall has taken a real bite out of our business".  Then I woke up!  :P

Jax - A guy with a grudge!

Bad jokes at that - that's about the best I can do for a former software geek! Speaking of Canada, I used to work for a software company called Cognos based out of Ottawa - spent some mighty cold January nights testing software on Riverside Drive during a few business trips. I learned that minus 30 degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same temperature!  Wonder how those cracked gumballs would hold up in that environment?  Maybe Sam will try to dump them north of the border now - since that is where they came from!  I love that slogan they use, "America's original Dubble Bubble" - however, it's made by a Canadian company!  Kinda funny, A?  Well, back to vending in the tropics!

Jax

I bought back the remains of a case of cracked gumball pieces to my Sam's club last week. The week before I had told the club manager that I wasn't going to buy gumballs from them anymore because there is a problem at Sam's clubs across the country. I told him about Vendisuss.com and how many vending business are fed up with the unresolved issues with Concord gumballs.

He told me to bring back the cracked gumballs so he could take a picture of them and send them to the Concord company.

Let see if anything comes of our complants in the coming months. I am happy with Quill.com for my gumball needs, so I will stay away from Concord gumballs even if they do fix the problems.

Gary

I hear you, so far Quill has been exemplary with the Ford Gum freshness and appearance.  I have 12 cases on hand now, and I'm happy with it.  Now as soon as I know it is taking in my locations that will definitely put my mind at ease.

Like i said in the other post, i called concord about the cracked gumballs and the cases that were missing certain flavor gumballs and they sent me all replacement cases to my house FedEx in only a few days. Sams club is a joke to deal with in my experience, it is always easier to just go back to the real source of the problem.

I did see some brand new cases of Dubble Bubble in a Sams Club today. Maybe the replacements will be stocked soon everywhere else. Notice that I did not make any jokes or snide comments which I really really want to do right now. I'll just let the market place do it's magic - assuming capitalism survives here in the USA!

Jax

hey guys a bit off topic but I was wondering on machines like the super 60 if I want to sell 1080 count gumballsWILL i NEED THE RISER under the gumball wheel?will it sell 2 balls if I dont use the riser?

does anyone know the answer to this question?
I forget Antonio.  Try both ways and see buddy.

hey guys a bit off topic but I was wondering on machines like the super 60 if I want to sell 1080 count gumballsWILL i NEED THE RISER under the gumball wheel?will it sell 2 balls if I dont use the riser?

does anyone know the answer to this question?
I forget Antonio.  Try both ways and see buddy.

thanks johnny I tried without and the 1080 balls seemed to vend 1 at a time when I tested the machine 5 times.

I wonder though will this be the case the whole globe thru??wherre are all the gumball vendors I wonder?:huh:??:huh:??:huh:?

I wonder though will this be the case the whole globe thru??wherre are all the gumball vendors I wonder?

I do gumballs.  But I don't do 2-for-1 with NW's.  I only have 241's with Vistas.  I do know that the 1080's will vend 4 at a time when you don't use the riser with the 241 wheel in a vista.  I put the riser back in and it only vended 2 instead of 1, which is what I wanted.  I have never tried to vend 241 with 1080ct using a single vend wheel without the riser.

I wonder though will this be the case the whole globe thru??wherre are all the gumball vendors I wonder?

I do gumballs.  But I don't do 2-for-1 with NW's.  I only have 241's with Vistas.  I do know that the 1080's will vend 4 at a time when you don't use the riser with the 241 wheel in a vista.  I put the riser back in and it only vended 2 instead of 1, which is what I wanted.  I have never tried to vend 241 with 1080ct using a single vend wheel without the riser.

thanks!!

isn`t the riser suposed to help vend only 1 at a time?