Bulk Vending in Black Nightclubs

dkochan

I have the opportunity to place double-head machines in four different black nightclubs.  One of the four is an upscale lounge.  Two are hip hop clubs and one is a gay bar.  What should I put in these machines (gumballs, chicle gum, salted peanuts, Skittles, etc.)?  Would a two column sticker machine do well in any of these locations?

Make sure they're not giving away peanuts before you try putting them in your machines. I did that one. lol Anyway, I'd think some peanuts on one side, they'd always do well in any bar, black, white, gay or straight. The other side you certainly can experiment with different choices until you find the right one. You have 4 clubs there, try different things like gum, hot tamales, whatever and see what sells the best. Not sure on the sticker machine question. If I were gonna try it, maybe the hip hop younger bar with temp. tattoos. Anybody doing flat vending in bars? I'd like to know that myself?

IMO-Don't think stickers would appeal to adults at all.I did have a DI in a black "sports bar" for about 2 months until the owner called one night late to say the machine was broken.I had to wait the next day until 7pm when they opened to swap out the machine.What I saw was my machine lying on the floor in a corner with the globe smashed to pieces and some gum scattered about.I found out later that everybody gets drunk in that club and the machine got knocked over.Needless to say, I told the owner I didn't have another machine and removed what I had left of that one. I won't be doing bars like that again-I can't afford to have a bunch of drunks knocking the equipment around.

What's the general consensus about putting machines in bars? I hear what Islander is saying and bet he's not the only one that's had machines busted up in a bar. Are the bar locations profitable enough to risk equipment to drunks breaking them?