Product recommendations?

Would anyone have any suggestions for bottled tea or sports drinks from Sams that might work well in a DN 276E/501E/600E type machine? I've found a 20oz water that will vend but none of the tea or sports drinks indicate on the packaging that they are designed for vending.  I'd prefer to avoid a mess when they are stacked on their sides if possible.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Kalleberg said:

Would anyone have any suggestions for bottled tea or sports drinks from Sams that might work well in a DN 276E/501E/600E type machine? I've found a 20oz water that will vend but none of the tea or sports drinks indicate on the packaging that they are designed for vending.  I'd prefer to avoid a mess when they are stacked on their sides if possible.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I buy the 20 oz gatoraid there and it vends just fine in my dn 522E

Thanks for the feedback.  Would there be any restrictions in how deep you can stack them?  I assume that you'd set up the machine like any other 20oz bottle, right?

Many thanks - if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to chime in.

Basically,  if you have at least a half an inch between the top bottle and the ceiling of the cabinet, you're alright. The reason for this is because the bottles lift up slightly as the rotor cycles.

Regarding Gatorade - It seems like Sam's only carries the variety packs. How would you vend this?  Would you setup a button on the machine with a generic Gatorade label and the load the column with a variety of random flavors?

Assuming a bottle machine like a DN501E, not a glass front.

As far as a tea goes - would something like a Gold Peak 18.5 oz work better than the Lipton 16.9 oz bottles?  The Lipton bottles seem a little squishy to be stacked in a column type machine.  I also don't think the square Pure Leaf type bottles would work at all...  am I wrong in this? 

Snapple is also available in a 20 oz bottle - would that successfully vend?  Since it is only available in a variety pack it wold have the same problem as the Gatorade.

Thanks again

Different locations carry different products, so try checking a different store. All of the ones near me carry individual flavors of garorade, they all carry fruit punch and cool blue and some carry orange or lemon lime. I wouldn't recommend a variety selection. You'll end up with lots sales or unhappy customers (I know I would be if I got a lemon lime-gross!).

Any bottle that is easily squeezed on your hand will definitely cause a jam, so those won't work. The square bottles won't work either.

If you do some searching, I believe sometime mentioned settings to vend the gold peak tea somewhere here on the forum. 

Are the snapples in glass bottles?

I think the Snapple is in 20 oz plastic bottles but I'll double check on that.

I'll see if I can visit a couple other Sams in the area to see if they have anything different, ie: a whole case of a single flavor...  Any ideas about which flavors usually sell best?

I'll see if I can find the settings for Gold Peak

Thanks for the advice.

I believe the Snapple and Gatorade are the same size bottles.(20oz) My local Sam's carries both the variety pack and straight pack. Cool Blue, Grape and Fruit Punch sell best for us.  Sam's also carries Arnold Palmer Iced Tea/Lemonade that sell well in the 20 oz bottle. It is also much less expensive than Gatorade. 

Archived