Inone board pricing help.

Just installed an inone board on an AP LCM2 and it apears to have two tier pricing built in. By default everything was set at 1.00. I changed some items to 1.25 now if I push a selection it shows 1.25 Csh 1.00. And you can buy the item for 1.00 . There is not a card reader on this machine. I need to find out how to disable this feature. Been thru the manual 5 times and not seeing it as an option. Anyone else seen this before I have put 6 of the inone boards on usi machines and never seen this before this is my first AP install.

No problem glad you were still on location.

To answer your question from earlier-All the Inone kits we have done (All ours have been AP) come this way and need to be priced in this fashion. 

We have used them for 110,LCM,6000/7000 and even a few 4000/5000 series. 

They are very good boards.

Advantages over what?  When replacing a factory logic board they give you MDB and a guaranteed vend option.  MDB gives you card reader access.   The most unique feature of the boards is that they are the only ones that allow mixing an MDB device with a Micromech  (12 or 15 pin plug) device.  

Advantages over what?  When replacing a factory logic board they give you MDB and a guaranteed vend option.  MDB gives you card reader access.   The most unique feature of the boards is that they are the only ones that allow mixing an MDB device with a Micromech  (12 or 15 pin plug) device.  

Randy, when I mention advantages I was looking to see if this upgrade is worth doing versus replacing the entire machine? Seems like if you have a machine with good bones it can be worth it. Of course converting to mdb is an advantage because of extended capabilities. I did some checking and may take the plunge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Different advantages for different machines in my opinion. The older the machine is to start with the more advantages you get over factory. For example an AP 7000 has no display on the machine until money is added. So a customer walks up and starts pressing buttons and they get no sounds and nothing on the display-a lot of people assume the machine is broke in my opinion. So when you do a 7000 conversion you get that feature along with ability to add modern MDB payment devices including cc readers,drop sensors,DEX 

The LCM series were mostly MDB capable boards and they have a factory display but they cannot DEX and cannot accept drop sensors. The software on the boards is non update able so even tho you can add a cc reader you won't get cash sales reported for any kind of pre-kitting. 

Like AZ said, With the Inone board you can retain your old payment devices and even mix mix them. For example you can have an old AP add a card reader and leave the old coin mech and or bill acceptor in. 

Different advantages for different machines in my opinion. The older the machine is to start with the more advantages you get over factory. For example an AP 7000 has no display on the machine until money is added. So a customer walks up and starts pressing buttons and they get no sounds and nothing on the display-a lot of people assume the machine is broke in my opinion. So when you do a 7000 conversion you get that feature along with ability to add modern MDB payment devices including cc readers,drop sensors,DEX 

The LCM series were mostly MDB capable boards and they have a factory display but they cannot DEX and cannot accept drop sensors. The software on the boards is non update able so even tho you can add a cc reader you won't get cash sales reported for any kind of pre-kitting. 

Like AZ said, With the Inone board you can retain your old payment devices and even mix mix them. For example you can have an old AP add a card reader and leave the old coin mech and or bill acceptor in. 

Thanks Snickers!! Excellent points. Have you performed any of the Door replacements offered by InOne or Vendors Exchange? Are they worth it? Definitely more $$$ with those options.

13 hours ago, Sir SnackAlot Vending said:

Thanks Snickers!! Excellent points. Have you performed any of the Door replacements offered by InOne or Vendors Exchange? Are they worth it? Definitely more $$$ with those options.

No I have not tried any of the doors. Can't say if they are worth it or not but new machines are NOT cheap. One of these days I would like to try the Inone door. 

Depending on the machine, the new doors can really make the machine look far more updated.  Personally, myself and several other people (vendors included) have all agreed that the revision doors just don't look that great but they definitely look better than a beat-up door.  I have upgraded a few machines and I am about to upgrade a few more in the coming months (boards only, not the whole door).  In addition to upgrading the boards, I am slowly replacing failed fluorescent bulbs with LED bulbs.  So far, I have used the bulbs that use the existing ballast but I am seriously thinking that I should remove the ballast entirely since ballasts can sometimes be problematic.

I have used both VE UCB and InOne and I prefer InOne but they both have minor pros and cons.  I feel like the greatest advantage to InOne is the mixing of MDB/logic as has been mentioned several times.  Either way, adding a drop sensor is a huge value in my opinion but ONLY when it means the difference between keeping/scoring a good account or losing a good account.  If you are dealing with a customer that only does $2,000/year in snacks and soda combined, there's no real benefit (in my opinion) to upgrading the machine ASSUMING that everything is working properly as it is.  There are exceptions though, such as when a location is likely to use a lot of card transactions and hardly have cash or if the customers typically have $5's but no $1's.  In such an event, you would likely make a lot of money with an upgrade.

As an example, I have not one, but TWO unrelated locations that suddenly jumped in sales from roughly $2500/year to about $4,000/year and growing (each).  Coincidentally, both have can machines and AP 7600's and both are continuing to add customers AND are working extra shifts.  This doesn't happen all the time, but my simple solution to one account is to upgrade the board and add $5 acceptance and see what happens from there.  At the other account, the soda machine already accepts $5's and sales have grown since I added that capability.  Adding $5 acceptance doesn't always increase sales, and neither does a card reader at some locations, but having a drop sensor can be a HUGE deal to customers who get frustrated with the machine.  When they feel confident that they'll get the product or their money back, they continue to use the machine.  With the exception of blatant abuse, I don't care if a customer occasionally gets a free snack or something because a product was barely dangling.  But I really don't want people to just stop using it entirely because things get hung up all the time... 

Now, if you have something with dual helix such as a National 147, AP 113, or a USI with dual coils, you often won't see much of an advantage with the drop sensor since dual helix machines are pretty reliable.  It's really the single-spiral machines that have problems.  From my experiences, AP's can be the worst when they are stock but they are beastly machines when upgraded.  I just sold an upgraded AP 7600 with a VE board in it as part of a small cluster of accounts as I try to consolidate my area and become more streamline.  It was actually one of my favorite machines.

Chris, thank you very much for your detailed reply, this is valuable information and has changed my mind about some of the machines that I hold in inventory at this time.

If you go with just the board and the drop sensor option, are the drop sensors pretty easy to install?

The drop sensors on the ve board is the easiest.
I experienced an issue with the inner drop sensors not aligning due to the emitters bending slightly in shipment.
Customer service on this matter with excellent not only replacing them but even diagnosing the problem after the second set did the same thing

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Archived