How to use Quickbooks for company records?

Grantamato

I recently purchased a route with 26 locations and have tried to use Quickbooks to keep track of my income and expenses. So far, I have only made my locations my customers. Within transactions, I made sales receipts for customers by using candy machines for services and creating expenses for commissions. How do you use Quickbooks for your records? Im also not sure how to track inventory and expenses; I could really use the help.

I personally use a bookkeeper because: (1) I've messed up my  books a few times (2) it saves me a lot of time and energy (3) my accountant saves time because things are done right, which saves me money in the end. I would suggest at least using one to get you set up and going, after that if you have the time you can just follow the pattern they set up for you. 

But to answer your question, I don't use locations as customers, I pay per city (because that's how the taxes out here work) So my  customers are all cities.   I believe commissions are in an expense account named commissions. 

I hired a quickbook tutor to set up my account. I have city and county customers, therefore the taxes are different. I put snack and soda bank deposit amounts on each property under 'customer' with 'sales receipts'. I put all product purchases, gas, repair etc, under each 'vender'. I don't understand what you mean by commissions. (I record my 5% commissions quarterly with a check to customer). I have the online version of QB. Let me know if I can help with any questions, I know how frustrating it can be.

Archived