conlux MCM5 discriminator light flashes, but works fine

Hey there, 

I have two combo machines using conlux MCM5 coin mechs. I have been using them for 2 months now and i noticed on both that the DIS light flashes on both.  I have tested both and they accept coins and dispense change correctly, i have dis assembled both dis and check for jams, nothing found. cleaned it by wiping it all down and the tube switches. if i unplug and reset the mech the light goes solid, but then i check it the next day and its flashing again.  no complaints about the machine from anyone, its working fine.i have read the manual over and over and researched the topic. no luck finding anything other than check for  jam.  not sure what else i can do  or how concerned i should be since it works fine, any advice??

the manual and everything says check for a jam but there isn't one. and i cleaned everything as all the videos and articles i read said to. the coin tubes are all pretty full if not full. not sure if that effects anything with the DIS. 

Paul

If i remember correctly, that light will be blinking when you open the door to the machine and are messing with the board.  Have you pushed the button to make it think the door is closed to see if it stops blinking?

Keep an eye on it an make sure it isn't over flowing a coin tube or not dispensing from one of them.  I run these mechs and i don't pay much attention to the lights because i never have problems with them.  Whenever I lock up the machine, i put in a quarter, nickle, and dime and hit coin return lever to make sure everything is working as it should.

i also have the same problem first when i got the machine it was not taking coin but dispensing change i also tried to read the manual but nothing other than check for jams after that  i  checked for jams and cleaned it it is working now but still have the DIS blinking

thanks for the replies.  it could be as simple as what mooman said, i will pay attention to it and hit the door switch. also thats a good thing to do is put all three and hit the return button thanks for the tip. ill let you know 

So i stopped by the machine, i tried holding the switch for the door and checked the light, waited a few mins and the light still blinks, i hit the A B C D E button and made sure it dispensed each coin. they all work.  i took it out and checked for jams, still no jams, tried all coins, it reads all coins. and still dispenses change properly.  also now the CHECK light is on solid, but again everything still works normally. a little confused.   Im gonna have to mess around with it more.  I have a spare MCM5 that i can use  in it but like i said, i put both into service at the same time and both mechs are doing the same thing so its too coincidental,  i think its  i did. I'm thinking maybe i didnt set the float properly. is this an important step??  its set to high and i started with 2 rolls of coin in each tube when i first put it into service 

Those Conlux mechs aren't very good to begin with so you should just upgrade to a better mech.  If you need a replacement you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived