Silly question about charity agreement

lurtsman

http://www.nationalchildrenscancersociety.org/NetCommunity/Document.Doc?id=53

On the third page of the document it says "Please sign as 'VENDOR' and initial number 12 where indicated. On the blank am I supposed to sign my name, or the word "vendor"...which seems very strange, but the way they said it in bold left me a little confused. Also -- I do not have an authorized representative from NCCS, do they fill in that blank after I fax it to them? Trying to get this done from work since it's been relatively quite at the library tonight.

Thanks to anyone who can give a quick answer. (I'd love to get it faxed in the next thirty minutes since my shift will be over soon)

Lurtsman

Sign your name under VENDOR. Shirley at NCCS will sign as the authorized representative when you FAX it. It's also a good idea to order some of the brochures to show location owners. Makes evrything look more official and they're only $5 for 10 brochures.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie. I had been looking at the vending tools trying to decide about getting some brochures and possibly a name tag. Is the brochure glossy or really colorful? Some reason that it couldn't be scanned as PDF and printed off then hand folded?

Do you think that makes it look more legitimate than the name tag? My theory was that the brochures would be used up, and at fifty cents a pop there would be no way I'd want to leave one with a location that I thought was saying no. I don't particularly care to leave business cards when I go out locating currently (didn't have a charity) because I have to pay to print the cards and don't want them thrown away.

My paper work is together now, going to send it in to get the stickers, and I'll definitely consider adding some of their tools.

lurtsman,

I haven't signed up with a charity yet myself. After reading so many posts here in the forum it seems like something I need to do as well. How do you or anyone else here in the forum decide which charity to go with? I did a quick check and came up with this site that sort of rates charity's. http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4168 They only gave this charity one star out of possible four. Can someone please tell me why use this one as opposed to others?

nam

Lurtsman

I agree, I wouldn't leave one at all if possible. I just lay out a brochure and let the person glance over it while I give my spiel. Then I take the brochure and show them some other information.  I carry a nice quality, thin binder with a copy of the NCCS placement letter(NCCS will send you this in your packet), a picture of my machines, and a copy of my business license. The simpler the better IMO.

The brochures are glossy and not real colorful. Like you stated, they could be scanned and folded. Just wouldn't look quite as nice.

NCCS has embroidered shirts, but kind of pricey at $28, and the embroidery is kind of plain.  I picked up a good deal on a nice used one from one of the other members here.

I'm still pretty green at all this, but I hope some of this is helpful to you.

Ernie

Nam, I picked it because it was nationally recognized and used by several members of the forum, as well as endorsed by kickstart as an easy charity to use to get locations.

While NCCS doesn't tug at my heart strings (I'm all for charity, just no particular pull here), it is likely to work for several of my customers.

Honda man, I'm concerned that it may make me seem like a snake oil salesman to carry a binder with me. Also, your business license?

That one seems a little strange, I haven't had anyone ask for it and if they did I think I'd leave the location...

Brian, for your stand, have you looked at samsclub.com and getting the northwestern tempo stand?

I've got quite a few in my living room :P (needed to get stickers and have kickstart locate them so I could judge how well they did and compare it to locating myself)