please help

vendnoob

she is a friends exgirlfriends daughter. she wants out of the biz because she was in a bad accident a few months ago and cant lift anything.

she had an account at a large indoor water park/hotel that she lost because of it(noone to service it).$60,000.00 account. i missed that one by a month.

coin...

Sounds like you found some good deals... I'm sure they are out there... but I haven't found many of them. Not that cheap... where are you finding these sellers?

One of these I got from the classifieds in the local paper, and one I got from craigslist. Every week or two I place an ad on craigslist saying "wanting to buy vending routes or single locations". I don't get a huge response (maybe one every 3 months), but the e-mails I get are from motivated sellers.

I have bought other locations and paid up to 90% of gross for machines that were 5 months old. So i don't always buy deals like this.

Vendnoob, how did the transaction go....... Did you close it?

JD

• 3 weeks later...

In regard to MDB protocal in vending machines; I learned that Mars and Coinco both have discontinued production of non-MDB coin mechs. I expect them to do the same for their bill acceptors. This may have no bearing on your business, or evaluating the value of locations or routes you are considering buying. I did want to share this so that you think twice before throwing out an older non-MDB coin mech or bill acceptor.

I never buy a location unless 6 months of total sales equal what I am paying. I mean TOTAL sales not profit.

My best deal 4 Seaga 2500s on location with inventory for $2200 the lot. Sold it the next day for $16000 and bought a Harley with the profit.

My worst. Purchased a Nat Combo (used) drove out to someplace to far away, installed it, tripped twisted my knee. So now my wife does the account and says "great account honey! did $12.00 in fist week. That doesn't even pay for the "pain killing" Scotch that I require

So I guess I am going to move it again.

Buying equipment ? Look around I am picking up used, name brand stuff for 50% of what it was last year.