Recomendation List

philo

We as a group should put together a list, based on consensus. Maybe twice a year, as a resource to new folks. We could list in order , what we think are the best to worst sellers of equipment. One man one vote type of list. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Philo

I like it! Use the poll feature, it allows members to vote only once. Specify a time limit to vote and once the poll is over we can tidy the list up a bit and post the best and worst.

Steve

Steve:

I would set it up as a poll but I'm not sure I know all the sites/manufacturers to be included. Could we put the list together somehow so we are sure not to miss anyone- even the bad players/sites- so we can be as comprehensive as possible?

Regards,

Philo

That sounds great. How about letting the members submit, via a post, their choices for best and worst then tally everything up that way?

We can even go a step further and use all the submissions to set up a poll to include all choices and let everyone cast their final vote.

Just some thoughts.

Steve

In order to keep things honest and avoid ballot stuffing you might want to require the person to be a member of the group for 6 months before they can vote. (This would eliminate me btw, which is OK). Then we can update the list every 6 months. If sellers know we are making this available to potential buyers, they might work harder to improve their customer service.

Regards,

Philo

Philo I may be wrong but I think this forum is only three months old ;)

Ballot stuffing would not work, because the way it would be done would require human intervention. Unless again I'm missing something, a member suggest a piece of equipment and it gets moved onto the poll. A poll makes sense with members leaving a post why they think good or bad of the equipment. What would even be better is if members started using equipment review section and posted on the likes and dislikes of the current equipment that they are running. Same goes for the software section.

We are all here to learn and share, we need the ones with the experience to help lead us (new guys/gals) to our own decisions with information on what they have experienced.

Grumpy

• 5 years later...

I look forward to this info as a new guy. I bought a route with multiple snack and soda machines. I need additional snack machines but I do not know what will hold up over time. The experience of people in this business in very valuable to us new guys. Should I buy Automatic Products, National, USI or Rowe? I think long term I should stick to one brand if i can so I can stock a few parts and just really learn the machine.