Wizard / Roadrunner 5 foot gumball machine

hello

Hey All. I'm set to pickup a spiral gumball machine later today. I am unable to use a truck, I just have a small 4 door car. Does anyone have experience or know how I can take a piece off so it will fit? Does the globe easily come off?

I believe that it does but I'm not sure, you may end up angling it from your front passenger seat to your back seat drivers side, a pretty tight fit!  :)  Unless you can find a friend with a van/pickup.

I have several but also have a van so haven't had to take one apart yet but believe this is how to do it. Unlock the key on top and remove the top hat. Unlock the coin door and there is a square tube running cross ways with a threaded rod going through the center secured with a nut. This may be a regular nut or a like inch long nut, either way loosen and remove this nut with a small wrench or plyers if not too tight. When you remove this nut the entire assembly will be able to come apart. The top globe and section beneath it with the section joining the globe to the spiral and also has the coin mech. section will lift up as one unit. You may have to wiggle it a bit but should come completely apart. To completely disassemble you will need a spanner screw driver. A weird screwdriver that looks like a flat blade with a couple of protruding **** on it. This isn't needed to break it down to get in your car.

nam

Nam, I just PM-ed you a followup question Or if anyone else may know, Can i simply use a screwdriver to remove the globe from the base? I believe a philips head will do it. This seems allot easier than going from the bottom and taking apart the entire thing.... im thinking this may work because they do sell replacement globes (like pictured below) if yours is damaged or broken.....

Hello,

I sent you a pm about doing this. You've got 3 screws to take off the black plastic cover over the gumball wheel and then several to remove the globe. Call Global Gumball at 480-497-4364 and ask for Larry. This is the actual factory where that machine was built. Pretty sure he will tell you to remove the bottom nut and lift up to take it apart. Much simpler than removing all the screws around the globe. Just one nut.

nam

Hello,

These spirals are just under 5ft tall and would likely lay down on the back seat of a full sized car or take a blanket with you, put the machine in the back seat with the door open, roll down the window, lift up the globe when closing the door and let it stick out the window. It wouldn't stick out that far or use a buddies car with a hatch back. Just another thought.

nam

Hello,

Ok builds the "Roadrunner" spiral gumball machine which is similar but not identical. The coin door removal is different than on the Wizard. It has a threaded rod going from the center over to the coin door. The one you are doing you just open the coin door and reach in and unscrew that nut. Both are good machines and sorta like comparing Chevy and Ford. lol