Dixie-Narco 368MC stopped vending

Hi!

First of all, I'd like to tell everyone that I am totally new to vending machines, but I seriously need help, and I hope that you may be able to assist me, so here goes!

I live in Sweden by the way.

I bough a Dixie-Narco model DNCB 368MC / 216-8 with a MEI CashFlow 560 reference coin mech. Put 33cl cans in the machine and everything worked well. Took the coin mech out and sent it for an update (Sweden got a new set of coins in 2016). After I got the updated unit back I connected it into the machine and made two vends, then I found a jam in column 4. Removed the can, but after the jam I cannot seem to get the machine working. It does accept money and gives the correct credit, it even gives the correct change as it should, but pressing a button has no effect. No motor is running, nothing. Pressing a button with no credit shows the price on the display.

Pressing the microswitches manually makes the motors run a cycle and drop a can and the counter increases by one...

I don't really know where I should start looking for errors. I'm on the bottom level here!

Thanks for your attention!

IMG_20170429_203146.jpg

Without knowing your electronics setup, the only advice I can give you is to be sure all of the motors home the same way. If holding the switch starts the motor, it should stop in the next notch. Run every column and make sure the motors properly home. My gut tells me something went awry in the changer. 

When each motor is at home you will have the narrow switch arm down in the cam notch and the wide switch arm will be on the high edge of the cam.  If all are okay then check that all wiring connections to the motor switches are exactly the same.  In the event that you pulled any connectors off of a motor or removed a motor you may have installed the connectors in the wrong order or one or more connectors missed the side terminal of their switch.  It's very easy for the connector to look like it captured the side terminal but it might not have.

Found the problem. One cable, N3 was connected to the left side of button #7, should be cable #37 according to diagram, which was unconnected.

Unplugged N3 and connected 37! Seems to be working now. Wondering where N3 should be...

Big thanks though!

Machine is smarter than a toaster, but not by much. Look for pins pushed out of the socket that the changer is plugged into. Look for corrosion at the connections at the bottom of the door where the cabinet harness meets the door harness. Be careful, there's high voltage present all over that machine. 

Can you tell me how it works?

Like, what happens when I press a selection button (lets say #1)? When is the credit deducted? Can I add credits and manually start a vending cycle and still have the credit deducted?

If selection button (switch #3) is short circuited (grammar?), does 1 and 2 still work, or 4, 5, 6 ,7 and 8? Or none?

So many questions...

Thank you for the file, it was exactly what I was looking for!

Small note, machine works again. Fiddled a little bit with the cables in the coin mech/changer (disconnected/reconnected cables to/from acceptor) and and after that I only pressed the connector between  machine and changer/mech against each other. Everything works now, sounds like there is a bad connection somewhere.

• 5 months later...

Hello again!

The problem with my machine has returned numerous of times. Used to open it, touch everything, cross fingers and pray and eventually it started to work again. Did work for a whole month or so, but now it stopped dispensing cans again. I noticed that I have a broken sold out lamp. When pressing the sold out switches for selection #5 it doesn't light up (if I count #1 from the top). Swapped the one with no light with another one that lights, and then #5 lights up when switches are pressed. Therefore I think the lamp is bad. Can this make the machine to not work correctly? Can I bypass it somehow? I reckeon ordering a new one will take me a month or so to receive...

Do you mean the brake? The brake is a horizontal brass "(" shape.  If that's what you mean, those aren't switches.  Those stop the motor from turning when the switches are engaged in the cam.  The motor switches are to the left of the motprs and have metal arms that fall into slots in the cam to control the vend cycle.  The sold out switches are located above the motors, and are connected to sold-out paddles on the side touching the beverages.

I assume it is the sold out switches. They have two microswitches on the top. If I press both of them (same as the paddle when the column is empty) the sold out light comes on (well, seven of them, one is broken). If I press the microswitch towards the outside the motor runs a cycle and dispenses a can.

All columns are full at the moment.

Are you too cheap to call a vending repair tech to fix this?  There are way too may variables here that can cause your problem.  Troubleshooting with an ohmmeter and voltmeter are how to figure this out.  Here is a single price troubleshooting manual.  The good stuff starts on page 52.  https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/dn4.pdf

Archived