Royal 650 motors

Anyone have any experience changing a vend motor on a Royal 650? I have a front and rear motor that need swapped out and looking for any tips for when I have to dig into it. 

I should also mention these are the older white motors and the replacements are the newer black motors. 

You'll need to empty both columns then pull the narrow metal piece that's screwed onto the front of the stack off to access the rods that run through the motors and rotors. Pull the rod all the way out since you're doing both the front and rear motors.  Unplug both motors and you will then tip the rear of the rear rotor up to free that motor and rotor and pull them out.  There is a black bushing on the back of each rotor that you don't want to lose.  Pull the motor off and push the new one into the rotor in any position. Now you'll need to drill a larger hole for the motor alignment pin to fit into before you reinstall it in the reverse method.  Once that motor is done then repeat for the front motor.  When both are done you will need to carefully slide the rod back in so it goes through the motors and the bushings and into a hole in the rear stack.  It can be very difficult to line everything up so have lots of patience.  Once the rod is all the way in then you need to replace the rod cover to keep the rods from working out.  Don't forget to plug the motors in and secure their wiring.

Ok, that's about what I was envisioning, only they're both in different columns unfortunately(I couldn't be so lucky as to have them both in the same column). Happen to know what size home I'll need to drill? 

Archived