License? permits?

Starcat

Ok i have done a fair amount of looking into this, and the more i look into this, the more misinformation i seem to be getting. i've asked 16 different people and gotten 16 different answers, so i am here to look for more help.

Do i need a permit to operate a candy vending machine?

Do i need a business license?

I currently already have a business license for my gaming company for the state of Washington, but the people at city hall told me it was 75$ PER CITY i wanted to operate in, and i thought that cant be right...there is a lot of other interesting things i've heard.. but im not sure which information is correct anymore

Vending is not gaming. Vending is a retail sale. If you have a couple of dozen gumball machines no one is going to notice you anyway. Drive over to the nearest large store that has bulk vendors and see if they have any license stickers on them. Be aware that the state probably has a business license or sales tax permit many municipalities may also have one. The rules are too sporadic and area specific to answer your question unless the answering person lives in the same town as you. But generally you will have a state tax permit for retail vending and ignore the local stuff. 

Aren't you the guy in WA? If so I can tell you the local requirements, otherwise you'd have to look up for your specific area like musser said. I know local vendors who have one license for one city and have been fine doing business for years..that's not what the state says..but no one really goes around checking these things. 

Archived