Any success with Takis?

I've got a box of Taki's and am going to place them here soon, has anyone had good success with them? 

Not to sound bad, but being white I do not know very many other white people that like Taki's, but I have a lot of Mexican friends that  LOVE them!!! I was thinking they might do well in a predominantly Mexican location, but am curious to your guys experience with these? I do not have any predominantly Mexican locations, but plan on replacing slow-moving items with these at a few select locations!

I have a lot of success with Takis , the demographics of the location does have a lot to do with which products sell and how well they sell but I find that they do well across demographic lines . I will sometimes put a few on a table in a break room to let customers try them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guacs did well for me for a while but got tired and we cycled them out.  Salsitas have stayed strong, but I am going to try the Takis.  Everyone seems to sell the hot fries because they are cheap... and I also ordered the nacho cheese bugles to give them a try - Thanks for the ideas!

Guacs did well for me for a while but got tired and we cycled them out.  Salsitas have stayed strong, but I am going to try the Takis.  Everyone seems to sell the hot fries because they are cheap... and I also ordered the nacho cheese bugles to give them a try - Thanks for the ideas!

They also just came out with hot buffalo bugles. They have been doing pretty good for us so far

4 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Unrelated slightly, but I bought a few variety packs of Sunchips, they will not move, except for the garden salsa. Might have to pull them all. I like them, but apparently I'm a customer of one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Same here. The only Sun Chips I can move are the Garden Salsa flavor. French Onion and Harvest Cheddar simply don't sell.

• 4 months later...

Update here, I tried the Takis Fuego, no bueno.  Sold OK to start but never really took off.  Maybe if my supplier had a variety other than the hot.  Bugles Nacho Cheese are doing well, about 2 to 1 over regular bugles.  Added Wheat Thins toasted Veggie and they are doing well, large size sells easily for $1, taste is very good and hits the healthy column...

Never tried Takis but I doubt they would do well in most of my accounts.  We sell a good bit of nacho bugles and I can agree that they outsell the regular bugles 2 to 1.  I also really like Sun Chips but for some reason whenever we try them, they just sit there.  I've never been so puzzled about them.  I ask people here and there and everyone always says they like Sun Chips, but they don't sell worth a darn.  I don't get it.  We order Andy's Hot Fries every once in a while just to have a cheap, long dated chip item, but they are very hit or miss.  Mostly miss.  Our go to, long dated cheap chip item is Friday's chips.  They sell decently and last forever.  I'll have to try this Salsitas chip...

Salsitas, like many other oddball chips, sell well for the first few weeks here until everyone who WANTS to try them tries a bag, then they comment on how they were tasty, but won't buy anymore and stick with their regular purchases.  Even though Salsitas and various other products have an excellent shelf life, it doesn't matter if you sell zero units.  This is in the midwest though.

I always keep Salsitas in the mix, but it can be up and down so the long date is important.  I just started getting the cheddar sun chips from vistar (I try to avoid the assortment boxes) and so far they are selling.  Just got some hot fries because my driver was begging for them for certain locations, we will see how they do...

• 2 months later...

Same here.  I bought a box to try to see how they do but I really don't expect many sales around here.  They weren't nearly as hot as I was expecting.  They are about as hot as hot cheetos which aren't that hot.  A local company (Grippo's) has a bbq chip that is coated generously with a spicy bbq powder and those can often be pretty hot despite only being labeled "bbq."

Takis and hot cheetos are great sellers here. Hot fries, hotfunyns, all that sells like butter here. I see the more white cities sell even mountain dew. I couldnt give mountain dew away 

Archived