Price on DN501 reverting to 12.50

I have a DN 501 T/S11 and price is sometimes reverting to 12.50. I had this problem with another machine and it was the battery. I looked and could not see where the battery is located. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

I removed the box in upper left corner that reads SII electronics. with System Diagnostics and System set up red buttons. took cover off and could not find it. Also, system is now acting erratic - saying "sold out" sometimes, honing sometimes, not acting normal at all. is there a way to "reboot"?

Thanks, Bill

With all of those errors it is probably a bad board though it could also be caused by bad florescent bulbs in this or a nearby machine or ceiling.  If not a bulb problem then email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom for a replacement board.

It was working ok when I took out that SII electronics box (can I assume that it is the logic board in there?).  It was just losing the price each time I unplugged it. If I get a battery and do a reset to factory settings do you think that will work? Still haven't seen the battery yet.  I didn't see it in the box.

Thanks, Bill

Here is the SII programming manual and troubleshooting guide (at the end).  I am apparently wrong about a battery meaning you have a non-volatile memory in it.  Per the manual if the machine loses it's memory when power is lost then you must replace the logic board.  That along with the other errors probably means the board is bad.  Read the troubleshooting part and see if you agree.

https://des.az.gov/sites/default/files/media/dn_501_e_and_t_operators_manual.pdf

Archived